PDA

View Full Version : Apple keynote find...

DMaxx
1st June 2004, 02:52 PM
Hey all,
Has anyone else watched the keynote that steve jobs from sanfransisco 2004? I just watched it here (http://www.apple.com/quicktime/whatson/appleevents/), and saw something that left me wondering. Near the begininning he shows the first ad that mac had on before the release of mac in 1984, the piss take of the movie "1984". If you look at the woman who runs through ad... on her hip appears to be an iPod... hmm... 1984??? Any comments anyone?

Cheers,
DMaxx

cmetom
1st June 2004, 03:02 PM
Well, the ad would be inspired by the BOOK, "1984".. lol...

And yes, they added an iPod to her belt and ears for the SanFran 2004 Keynote. Sort of as a way of saying "hey, in 1984 our killer product was the Mac - now it's the iPod!"

He makes a small comment about it, but if u didn't know the original ad and didn't notice the change, it'd be hard to pick up.

Was this what u were getting at? hehe i thought it was pretty funny.. good, too, to keep me awake that morning i watched it (Live!).. who else watched it Live? i'm sure there were a few on here at the time.

Disko
1st June 2004, 03:02 PM
yes - apple edited the ad to include the ipod. It was big news at the time. :)

Phillip
1st June 2004, 04:06 PM
"we couldn't help ourselves" - steve

DMaxx
1st June 2004, 04:31 PM
movie... book... same thing anyway... hahaha

yeh, as i have only been in the "mac scene" less than about 3 weeks... i had no idea about the original ad, or infact that it had been edited to include the iPod, a nice touch though!

Cheers,
DMaxx

cmetom
2nd June 2004, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by DMaxx@Jun 1 2004, 05:31 PM
movie... book... same thing anyway... hahaha

yeh, as i have only been in the "mac scene" less than about 3 weeks... i had no idea about the original ad, or infact that it had been edited to include the iPod, a nice touch though!

Cheers,
DMaxx
ahh wonderful!! admittedly, i'm only about 6 months ahead of you.. :)

the_OM
2nd June 2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by cmetom@Jun 1 2004, 03:02 PM
Well, the ad would be inspired by the BOOK, "1984".. lol...

And yes, they added an iPod to her belt and ears for the SanFran 2004 Keynote. Sort of as a way of saying "hey, in 1984 our killer product was the Mac - now it's the iPod!"

He makes a small comment about it, but if u didn't know the original ad and didn't notice the change, it'd be hard to pick up.

Was this what u were getting at? hehe i thought it was pretty funny.. good, too, to keep me awake that morning i watched it (Live!).. who else watched it Live? i'm sure there were a few on here at the time.
Yep, I stayed up for it as well.
I think it started at around 3 or 4 in the morning.