PDA

View Full Version : Storeing text files on internal memory.

MasterJaxx
15th December 2008, 05:09 PM
I'm looking for an iphone app that will let me store text documents on iphone internal memory.

The only good one ive found is called Files lite, however it requires that all files be transfered over wifi, a limitation id like to overcome if possible. Do any such programs exist that would alow you to transfer over the usb hard line or download off the internet and store internaly?

If not, does anyone here know of any other forums where my questions could be better answered?

bennyling
15th December 2008, 05:17 PM
I'm looking for an iphone app that will let me store text documents on iphone internal memory.

The only good one ive found is called Files lite, however it requires that all files be transfered over wifi, a limitation id like to overcome if possible. Do any such programs exist that would alow you to transfer over the usb hard line or download off the internet and store internaly?

If not, does anyone here know of any other forums where my questions could be better answered?

If you upload the docs to a Google Docs account, you can then download, view, and edit them on an app called Documents.

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=295798315&mt=8

We really, really, need QuickOffice. C'mon, Quickoffice, Inc!

Quickoffice Home (http://www.quickoffice.com/)

MasterJaxx
15th December 2008, 05:35 PM
It looks like it could work if theres nothing better as the one you linked was surounded by bad reviews that spoke of format problems and repeated program crashes.

Thanks for the mention though. If nothing better shows up, I may end up using it.

bennyling
15th December 2008, 05:59 PM
Just for the record - there's no app that I'm aware of - that allows you to transfer text files (or any files, really) over USB.

It's a limitation of the non-existant iPhone disk mode that doesn't allow the iPhone to be used as a normal USB drive.

The_Hawk
15th December 2008, 08:33 PM
iPhone to be used as a normal USB drive.

Ahhh, a man can dream. I loved keeping a copy of my docs on my Windows Mobile phone, I rarely (if ever) actually opened them on the phone, but it was handy to have them. Also *really* handy to know you have a few GB of space to grab a couple of files when at work or a mates place, assuming of course you have the appropriate cable handy, but lets face it, where ever you are, chances are someone has an iPhone or iPod and a cable for charging purposes.

MasterJaxx
4th January 2009, 03:51 PM
So. . . No results then?

I guess it was too much to hope that the people of the interweb would help without something to motivate them.

Ive kept searching for something that would serve my purposes but ive still not had luck.

arkenstone
4th January 2009, 04:04 PM
I guess it was too much to hope that the people of the interweb would help without something to motivate them.

Might wanna check that kinda attitude at the door, dude.

Seriously, you asked and three people answered. Just because you didn't like the answer doesn't mean you get to piss on the MacTalk community.

wmyeoh
4th January 2009, 04:26 PM
Not that I feel all that inspired to help you, but what you failed to detail in your original post was whether or not you wanted to view these files on your iphone. If you didn't care about that, you can download a desktop program on your Mac or PC called DiskAid which will let you pop files on the phone through your USB cable. You just won't be able to edit or view them on the phone.

MasterJaxx
15th January 2009, 10:42 AM
That may come in handy actualy. Thanks for the heads up.

And as to my previous statement. It was not a dig at anyone in particular, it just seems to be the common default behaviour of most people. There are few who will help others without some form of motivation or urgent demand.

There is no urgency or strong demand here so few feel the need to help. I dont realy blame you, im lazy like that too.

MasterJaxx
12th May 2009, 09:36 AM
I have found an ideal program which suits my needs perfectly. It is called OneDisk. The price is fairly cheap, at about 5 bucks but its definately worth it. I have no complaints.