PDA

View Full Version : Does the iPhone work with Blueant?

Narooma
11th December 2008, 06:11 PM
Does the iPhone work with Blueant?

tcn33
11th December 2008, 06:15 PM
The first two links I found on Google say yes.

jeremy_warnock
11th December 2008, 06:15 PM
Yes i think it does

ARB
11th December 2008, 06:16 PM
Yes, I bought one yesterday (the supertooth 3), and it works perfectly. The phonebook uploads when you first pair the phone, and then announces the name of the caller when they ring.

The only thing it doesn't do is play streaming music from the iPhone, but this is the iPhone's fault.

Highly recommended.

Narooma
11th December 2008, 07:17 PM
Cool, the supertooth 3 is the one that I'm looking at.

$130.00 is what the shop said they'll sell it for.

kantush
12th December 2008, 01:09 AM
it works with the blueant handsfree but doesn't work with the BlueAnt stereo headset.

pezza_mac
14th December 2008, 11:46 PM

Supblek
15th December 2008, 08:18 AM
That's awesome that it works. Cause I've been looking for a handfree kit for ages.

Whats the sound quality like on the supertooth 3? i've been hearing problems of dropouts in mid conversation.

AdrianM
18th December 2008, 11:02 AM
Yep, works perfectly with my Supertooth 3, and yes, I paid $130 for it (Organiser World in Latrobe st, Melbourne).

Does anyone know how to make the announcer say it by first name, then last name when announcing the call. I haven't flipped any options in the Iphone such as preference for how the name is displayed etc, but when a call comes through, the lovely British lady says "incoming call from Smith John" rather than "John Smith"

moldor
20th December 2008, 11:08 PM
Cool, the supertooth 3 is the one that I'm looking at.

$130.00 is what the shop said they'll sell it for.

It works fine with the Blueant Supertooth 3, but when being paired there are a couple of gotchas;

1. It doesn't support the phone book uploading

2. If you have two phones (the Mrs has one as well) it doesn't aupport 'seamless' swapping between the two - you have to unpair and re-pair.

When, oh WHEN will Apple give us a fully-functional standards-compliant Bluetooth stack ???

NOW !!!