PDA

View Full Version : Recent Three Email Problem

remigi
11th December 2008, 02:35 PM
Hey Guys,

Im having a new problem with my three email whereby everytime i try to delete an email i get the following error pop-up

"Unable to Move Message"
"The message could not be moved to the mailbox Trash"

This is recent, ive tried re-adding the account according to the following settings from the forum but i still get the same error. I have NO problem recieving but i just CANT delete which is becoming a problem as my list is becoming huge.

Under Advanced: i have settings as below.

Under Outgoing Mail SMTP i have:Server: On
Host Name: smtp.three.net.au
Username: None
Password: None
Use SSL: Off
Authentication: Password
Server Port 587

http://forums.mactalk.com.au/47/50913-three-iphone-questions-44.html

IMAP account

Name: My Name
Address: username@three.com.au
Description: username@three.com.au

Incoming Mail server

Host Name: mail.three.net.au
User Name: username@three.com.au
Password: ******

Outgoing Mail Server

SMTP: smtp.three.net.au

Advanced>Incoming Settings

Use SSL: Off
Authentication: Password
Server Port: 143

Exocet
11th December 2008, 03:25 PM
Is it just one particular message or all messages? Also, how much space do you have left in your account - check MessageCenter (http://www.webmail.three.com.au), if your whole mailbox is too full its difficult to move stuff around and to the trash.

remigi
11th December 2008, 03:51 PM
every email i have or recieve i cannot move, nor delete...

I just logged onto the webmail and there i can move and delete them easily... there are only 20 emails in the inbox and none in trash nor spam...

I dont understand, it just wont let me do anything from the phone anymore which is very annoying, whatever i do i get that error. Because i get quite a bit of spam to the email address so whenever it fetches the mail ones every hour and its spam i used to just delete it.. but now yea i cant...

anymore ideas?

remigi
12th December 2008, 07:51 PM
no one else got this?

colbsi
26th December 2008, 11:43 AM
*bump*

I get this but with my iHug account and I am on Optus network.
Other email accounts that I do check on my iPhone is fine.

Any solution?

remigi
26th December 2008, 03:54 PM
i got a solution last night actually, under settings and the email section, if you look at specific accounts it lets you choose where you want to store the emails, on the server or actually DOWNLOAD to the iphone... here you need to set the account to "On my iPhone" and then it will download them, that means you can delete again because you are then deleting them from the iPhone as they were downloaded and not on the server anymore. But if you want to leave a copy on the server to download when u get home to your PC.. im sorry i cannot help.