PDA

View Full Version : Is this -THE- ultimate iPhone 3G case ?

Narooma
11th December 2008, 11:40 AM
Is this -THE- ultimate iPhone 3G case ?

iphone 3G ipod touch 2g case Hard iPhone case - Default Store View ivyskin touch-thru iphone 3G case (http://www.ivyskin.com/iphone-3g-quattrotm-t4-glass-touch-thru-armor.html)

Buy Me An iPhone.com (http://www.buymeaniphone.com/)

bennettnz
11th December 2008, 11:46 AM
rhetorical question?

NORMANDY
11th December 2008, 11:52 AM
Is this -THE- ultimate iPhone 3G case ?

iphone 3G ipod touch 2g case Hard iPhone case - Default Store View ivyskin touch-thru iphone 3G case (http://www.ivyskin.com/iphone-3g-quattrotm-t4-glass-touch-thru-armor.html)

Buy Me An iPhone.com (http://www.buymeaniphone.com/)

looks ok, But I dont see the point of hiding a nice looking phone in all the hard case crap that makes it hard to use with docks, and other speaker systems.

I have found hard cases scratch up your phone more than the nice soft ones... I will stick to the nice and cheap rubber ones that stop the phone falling out of your hand when its hot and sweaty, and still show the apple symbol at the back, they are like 5 bucks each on ebay.... this a bit of rip off at 69 bucks or more Aust.

Narooma
11th December 2008, 11:53 AM
rhetorical question?

I'm hoping someone who actually has one can give me an unbiased opinion. I have spent a small fortune on iPhone cases in the vain pursuit of finding that "killer" case that will leave me satisfied that 1. the iPhone is safe and 2. thats it's still easy to use and not a hassle.

I think I'm developing OCD because of my iPhone. It's insured, maybe I should just stop obsessing about dropping/damaging it :(

splinteredmind
11th December 2008, 12:06 PM
Have you tried the Incase Slider?

I got one about a month ago, great hardcase - and the bottom part 'slides off' so you can dock it :)

Narooma
11th December 2008, 01:43 PM

I got one about a month ago, great hardcase - and the bottom part 'slides off' so you can dock it :)

Yep got one (I'm embarressed to say how many cases I have purchased) and I find fault with all of them :(

Cassy
11th December 2008, 01:57 PM
Have you tried the Air Jacket? I replaced my DLO HybridShell with an Air Jacket and its a HUGE improvement. It looks and feels great- the only thing is that it doesn't cover the front of the phone.

Narooma
11th December 2008, 02:02 PM
Thats the one made by PowerSupport isn't it? I have handled one of those and I don't see how much protection it can offer. It certainly looks great and is so slim that it keeps the iPhone's sexiness.

Cassy
11th December 2008, 02:16 PM
Yeah thats the one- it protects from scratches mainly which is what I'm after, praying I don't drop it but I have insurance in case I do :)
It definitely is one of the best looking cases I've found so far!

If you want something that offers more protection the HybridShell was really really nice but it did add a bit of bulk and I didn't like how it covered the bezel (i think thats the word i'm looking for?). Let me know if you want more info on the HybridShell!

Narooma
11th December 2008, 02:29 PM
HybridShell!

^ I don't think I've seen that one.

I have the DLO JamJacket and the DLO SlimCase and a DLO HipHolder type case.

Cassy
11th December 2008, 02:38 PM
I got mine from the Optus store I purchased my phone from. It was like $30- its clear with black grip dots all over the back. Looks really good on and gives the phone a nice grip. It also has a front case which covers the metal parts and has a screen protector for the actual screen.

Reason I replaced it was the added bulk and little bits of dust that seemed to get trapped around the front which really really annoyed me (but is acutally hardly noticeable!)

It looked and felt like it gave the iPhone really nice protection but I didn't ever drop it to give it a test :p

Hope this helps!

zirophyz
21st January 2009, 04:38 PM
Seen people in this thread mention the InCase Sliders ... I have been hunting a little for the Metallic Sliders but can't seem to find anywhere in Australia that they're sold (and had no luck finding an online US store that will ship to Australia). I'm wondering if anyone has one of these cases and where they purchased it from!? Appreciate the help!

hendot
28th January 2009, 12:14 PM
iPod sock is the best solution I think.

Tragedies
28th January 2009, 07:31 PM
Hey guys, sorry to kind of hijack a thread, but since this is a little related to cases I thought I'd ask.

Do you know if I'll be able to get the Capsule Rebel iPhone 3G Case from eitehr an Optus World or Comp Now store? Heading down to Chaddy tomorrow to the apple store to ask them about the crack that's appeared on my phone (they don't stock switcheasy rebels) and hopefully I can head to one of the two, but Im not sure if I should get my hopes up?

basseyy
28th January 2009, 08:20 PM
nooope, you're all mad !! :), the bestest EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRR case for the 3G is the sena case

mines black

SENA CASES :: APPLE iPHONE 3G ULTRA SLIM POUCH (http://www.senacases.com/Brands/iPhone-3G-Cases/APPLE-iPHONE-3G-ULTRA-SLIM-POUCH;jsessionid=0a0101441f43910cad67ec2244059b43c fa09fb66659.e3eSc3uNaNuTe34Pa38Ta38Ob3b0)

ozron
28th January 2009, 08:27 PM
Hey guys, sorry to kind of hijack a thread, but since this is a little related to cases I thought I'd ask.

Do you know if I'll be able to get the Capsule Rebel iPhone 3G Case from eitehr an Optus World or Comp Now store? Heading down to Chaddy tomorrow to the apple store to ask them about the crack that's appeared on my phone (they don't stock switcheasy rebels) and hopefully I can head to one of the two, but Im not sure if I should get my hopes up?

Hey @Tragedies

Saw this case at NextByte on Elizabeth St today. I'm interested in the new clear arctic version.

nutmeg-42
28th January 2009, 09:25 PM
I have bought this one iphone 3G ipod touch 2g case Hard iPhone case - Default Store View iphone battery case (http://www.ivyskin.com/quattro-t4.html) as red is my fave colour and I absolutely love it. Bought it direct from their website and cost $58 US incl postage. With the current abysmal exchange rate it ended up being $90, but I love it. The colour is perfect and a deep colour and looks like it has a velvety finish but is resistant greasy finger marks and the like. The only problem I have with it and it's purely got to do with where I live is the screen develops ring like marks on the screen due to the humidity we're suffering at the moment with all the rain around. If you lived in a less humid tropical area I don't think you would have this problem. I just have to wipe the inside of the case screen when it starts to irritate me which hasn't been very often. There is no sensitivy loss with the extra screen and it's amazing how you forget it's not the actual iphone screen. All in all I'm very happy and this is my third and final case. :-)

kittybaroque
27th June 2009, 07:59 PM
I have bought this one iphone 3G ipod touch 2g case Hard iPhone case - Default Store View iphone battery case (http://www.ivyskin.com/quattro-t4.html) as red is my fave colour and I absolutely love it. Bought it direct from their website and cost $58 US incl postage. With the current abysmal exchange rate it ended up being $90, but I love it. The colour is perfect and a deep colour and looks like it has a velvety finish but is resistant greasy finger marks and the like. The only problem I have with it and it's purely got to do with where I live is the screen develops ring like marks on the screen due to the humidity we're suffering at the moment with all the rain around. If you lived in a less humid tropical area I don't think you would have this problem. I just have to wipe the inside of the case screen when it starts to irritate me which hasn't been very often. There is no sensitivy loss with the extra screen and it's amazing how you forget it's not the actual iphone screen. All in all I'm very happy and this is my third and final case. :-)

I am intrigued by this one but the few things that are making me nervous are:

- Having to take the bottom of the case off to dock and how the repetition of doing this would cause it to be loose.
- The glass screen - is it unbreakable? Wouldn't it damage the screen if it broke?
- case breaking if dropped.

Any thoughts????

Thx
KittyB

will
27th June 2009, 08:31 PM
I love the neo capsule - very very good! I had a piece fail: emailed the company - they sent a new one.

Lightweight, no-bulky and easy to use.

100% recommended!

mjankor
28th June 2009, 12:02 AM
Capsule Rebel is a very nice bit of kit. Highly recommended.

eversuns
28th June 2009, 06:18 PM
I am using the white snakeskin switcheasy capsule rebel, it gets a two thumbs up from me :)

LevMac
28th June 2009, 06:20 PM
Im using the Zagg Invisible Shield just the back piece, was a bit hard to put on, took a bit of time, but the results are fantastic, can't even notice there is a back piece on it, and best of all, no bulk !

Dux
28th June 2009, 07:48 PM

I'd second this - the Incase sleeves are brilliant, my iPhone 3G replacement has nary a scratch since buying one of these.

JLow
29th June 2009, 01:13 PM
Im using the Zagg Invisible Shield just the back piece, was a bit hard to put on, took a bit of time, but the results are fantastic, can't even notice there is a back piece on it, and best of all, no bulk !

I kinda second this..

I installed mine and also found it to be good. I like the tacky/non-slip surface (my first purchase/experience was for my 3rd gen Nano). I removed it because it didnt offer any kind of shock protection if i did drop it. I switched back to using the Griffin Elan Form, and it did survive a gnarly drop! I had it on my lap while driving, forgot it was there, got out after I parked the car next to a 3 feet-ish drain! Total dropped height maybe 5 feet? Lucky the drain was dry!

The Elan Form also wraps around the steel bit, essentially I could place the iPhone face down and it'd still leave a gap between the table and the screen. I use a separate screen protector though, the exo brand- which I also recommend. Fingers slide very well on this smooth gloss surface without being tacky.

The edges of the Zagg didnt stick very well (near the corners) and was collecting grit under the the peeled skin/adhesive. COmplained to Zagg, and after confirming my purchase they sent me another one, with a new cut design. Very nice of them, really.

I gave the new one away unopened, simply because of the need for a "shell" for the unit.

I am also now looking at the metallic red incase slider, which, from the looks of the pics, does wrap around giving it a small gap between the screen and table (if placed facing down). Can anyone confirm this? It also looks less bulky than the Elan Form. I know it is a smaller shell than the Elan Form- I will promise to be careful not to drop it again!