PDA

View Full Version : Am I being picky?

jaredtomas
10th December 2008, 11:22 PM
So I got my Aluminum Macbook last Saturday and since then I've noticed that the function keys are slightly slanted, it arrived with a small chip in the aluminum casing and the Macbook appears to be uneven - when I place it on a desk (I've tried on different tables to make sure it wasn't just my desk) it seems to wobble a bit which is rather frustrating while you're trying to type. I've tried playing around with the battery cover to see if it would make any different, but no dice.

Anyway, I'd just like to know if you guys think I'm being too picky? Would these issues warrant a replacement unit?

Thanks in advance.

Bianca
10th December 2008, 11:26 PM
If the wobble affects your normal using, you need to solve it as soon as possible.

tintinaujapon
10th December 2008, 11:29 PM
They're bloody expensive machines, and Apple prides itself on the perfection of the product.

I don't think you're being picky at all. Demonstrate your concerns and see what can be done.

Sibelius
10th December 2008, 11:31 PM
I don't think you're being picky at all ... if it were my Macbook I'd definitely want it replaced.

jaredtomas
10th December 2008, 11:33 PM
Thanks for the replies guys.

I purchased this unit through an Apple reseller, should I take it into them or just contact Apple directly? Sorry this is my first Mac, I'm not quite sure what the procedure is.

adamd
10th December 2008, 11:39 PM
Doesn't matter where you take it... either to the location of purchase, or to Apple directly... You paid $$$ for a machine that should be perfect, therefore you should get what you paid for.

:)

BTW: for those reading, yes, I do work at Next Byte Nedlands Service.

PS: If it's within 10 days of purchase, take it to the place of purchase for a "DOA"... :)

jaredtomas
10th December 2008, 11:52 PM
One more question.. do I call Apple Public Relations (133 622) or Apple Tech Support (1300 321 456)? Cheers

Madeezy
11th December 2008, 01:24 AM
Tech Support..but if your reseller gives you any problems at all then I would be calling PR as well and giving them the facts of your purchase and service received!

One would expect much better that you have got.
It sounds like the machine has been badly dropped and damaged in some way.

All the best keep smling its a great machine and you will appreciate the quality once you get that replaced.

jaredtomas
11th December 2008, 12:06 PM
I just got off the phone to Applecare and they told me to take it back to my place of purchase and see what that they can and what their DOA policy is.

So, hopefully I get a replacement unit.

stevejay
11th December 2008, 12:17 PM
It might be picky if it were an 800 buck Dell, but for a 2 grand (plus) Apple, I'd demand perfection.