PDA

View Full Version : iPhone cracked screen

Dutch H
6th December 2008, 04:56 PM
After having my thread closed I will try again. (BTW I love my better half beyond belief and care for her greatly. I was trying to make some humour from the situation but unfortunately some people took it the wrong way)

I'll keep it simple. Missus broke screen on iPhone. Dropped and cracked. What is the financial damage, what am I looking at? Should I take it to the Apple Store or elsewhere?

:-)

Love you all!

purana
6th December 2008, 04:59 PM
Seriously... No idea, but I'd be curious to hear how much your quoted on the screen repair. As for the other thread, you could of just got to point rather then insult females in general. Anyways, all good now.

leon
6th December 2008, 05:05 PM
I have heard that with Apple you pay $300 or something close to that for an 8GB iPhone and they just hand you a refurb rather than repair your screen.

In the scheme of things, it will probably be faster taking it to Apple to be repaired than trying to attempt it yourself.

Dutch H
6th December 2008, 05:14 PM
Seriously... No idea, but I'd be curious to hear how much your quoted on the screen repair. As for the other thread, you could of just got to point rather then insult females in general. Anyways, all good now. Copy that. Was worded wrong. I was actually attacking my wife and her feminine qualities. But you are right everyone is different and I shouldn't generalise.

I love her, treat her well, keep her safe and look after her. Was just trying to make some fun. My mates and I are like that and we would talk like that down the pub. I know everyone is not the same and I send my apology to anyone I offended.

I will keep you updated. Will visit the store and see what they say.

Thanks.

Soliah
7th December 2008, 06:17 PM
If you got the phone from Telstra you can get a replacement (refurbished unit) by paying a fee: $249 for the 8GB and $379 for the 16GB.

mitty
7th December 2008, 06:31 PM
if it's only the glass that's cracked and the actual screen is undamaged, you can get this on ebay. (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/New-Original-Front-LCD-Screen-Glass-Cover-For-iPhone-3G_W0QQitemZ190271546443QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Mobi lePhoneAccessories?hash=item190271546443&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318) obviously it would void all warranty but then it's a lot cheaper than the legit apple repair. if you are even half technically literate i'd give it a try (at least me personally, but then i know my way around a screwdriver, though I've never attempted to disassemble my iphone).