PDA

View Full Version : Home Button Not Working?

ChrisG
6th December 2008, 10:20 AM
Hi,
My iPhone 3G was working fine this morning, but when I opened up one of my apps (BeejiveIM) I
can't get out of it. I tried pressing and holding the power on/off button to completely shut down
the iphone but that isn't working. The iphone itself isn't frozen, I can navigate around the app fine
but I can''t escape from it. The closest I can get away from the app is on the lock screen, but the
"slide to unlock" text doesn't have that scrolling effect overlaying it. I have tried connecting my iPhone
to my laptop but it isn't recognizing it. Any ideas why this is happening?
Note: I am using FW 2.2

Thanks in advance,
ChrisG.

UPDATE: I thought I would give it to my dad to see if he would have any ideas on how to fix it,
andhe held down both the power and home buttons at the same time, now I am on the white screen off death!
Please help me.

ANOTHER UPDATE: I just plugged my iPhone 3G in to my power source and held down both the
home & power buttons, it restarted and now it's back to normal. I was starting to get worried
there for a second....

Renoman
6th December 2008, 08:20 PM
Mine did this today too... Totally forgot the home/power button trick though! I did a backup and restore of the software - working fine now apart from having to reload all my music