PDA

View Full Version : Alu Macbook speakers problem

A-M
4th December 2008, 12:24 PM
Hi all,

Could somene please help/advice me on the following issue?

I have just got my new Alu Macbook 2.4GHz, 2GB RAM from the online Apple store 2 days ago. I have been playing with it and all looks great, except that when i play some music, i can sometimes hear a distortion sound from the built-in speakers on the macbook. The music files that i am playing are bought from iTunes. Also when firing up iChat, i can hear the distortion sound clearly. I have called the Apple Tech Help guys, and we did few tests (including the Apple Hardware Test) but all seems to be working properly.

Does anyone know what the problem might be, or is anyone else experiencing that same issue?

Thanks.

A-M
4th December 2008, 04:58 PM
Anyone?

Madeezy
4th December 2008, 07:26 PM
M new machine is going fine regards sound.
Have you checked it out in terms of distortion with sound coming through headphones?

Don't know what it will tell you ... but it would be interesting to see if its ok with head phones that may show its some kind of wiring problem to the speakers?
They are the only thoughts I can provide.

A-M
4th December 2008, 07:48 PM
Yes i tried with headphone and the sound seems ok, no distortion. I have also played several music files, but the distortion is noticed on some, not all, music files.

Madeezy
4th December 2008, 08:16 PM
Yes i tried with headphone and the sound seems ok, no distortion. I have also played several music files, but the distortion is noticed on some, not all, music files.

Then it may be an encoding problem and nothing to do with your hardware?