PDA

View Full Version : macbook pro 17" owners....couple of q's

tark
3rd December 2008, 11:47 PM
hi everyone, just got a new 17' macbook pro and was seeing if a few minor annoying things were normal.

- every time i open or close the lid it makes a creaking sound (this bugs me the most)
- the lid doesn't sit flush (straight) when closed. the left side is raised by a few mm.
- on the left and right of the case, the plastic above the ports is raised about a mm and
doesns't sit flush with the aluminium (also creaks when pressed down a bit)

thanks

iCameron
4th December 2008, 12:22 AM
hi everyone, just got a new 17' macbook pro and was seeing if a few minor annoying things were normal.
- every time i open or close the lid it makes a creaking sound (this bugs me the most)

Mine also makes a noise when closing it, not too loud and it's very hard to hear.

- the lid doesn't sit flush (straight) when closed. the left side is raised by a few mm.

I dont have anything close to this, but my screen is not completely parallel with the sides of the computer.

- on the left and right of the case, the plastic above the ports is raised about a mm and
doesns't sit flush with the aluminium (also creaks when pressed down a bit)

This is completely normal. Your talking about the white plastic right?

The creeking sounds like something for concern, You paid enough for the machine i'd go return it, if you dont want to live with it

But, with the MBP 17" costing 4.5k, i'd would return mine if ANYTHING was not perfect. because for that price your paying for perfection