PDA

View Full Version : Internet Usage Insane..

Jonno92
2nd December 2008, 08:25 AM
Hey everyone,
I hardly use the internet on my mobile. I don't have an email account on it, so that isn't using data..

The other day I visited 5-6 OCAU pages, 1 whirlpool page, and then looked up 2 sets of directions in the Maps app, and it used like 8MB of data.. Is that normal?..

Is there anything that could be using data in the background?..

I never open Cydia or App store unless I'm using wifi, and only browse the net for like 20mins per day and use an average of about 8-9MB/day..

Thanks

ClockWork
2nd December 2008, 08:58 AM
Decryption...?

gelfie
2nd December 2008, 09:05 AM
Ahh, you'd be amazed at how bloated websites have become these days. I cruise 200/300MB a day just doing normal surfing on my desktop internet connection. No youtube or anything.

Also I find the iphones "MB counter" to be wildly inaccurate. I check on my optus page and its often 1/3rd what the iphone thinks it is.

If you're with optus... take your internet usage $ amount, add 10% and divide by .35, that'll tell you how many MB you've used up.

Jonno92
2nd December 2008, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the help, Gelfie :-)

Decryption...?

huh?..

Supreme
2nd December 2008, 01:44 PM
I say that's normal. Don't worry though, I have two push email accounts set up, one POP email account, and I browse the internet quite a bit everyday on the train and the max I have used in a month is 250 MB.

decryption
2nd December 2008, 01:45 PM
Decryption...?

Afternoon Clockwork!

(I'm confused too)

ClockWork
2nd December 2008, 03:38 PM
Afternoon Clockwork!

(I'm confused too)

Confused?

You a "the" download whore Decryption.
How much can you wrack up in an hour??

My brain hurts too.

LithgowLights
2nd December 2008, 05:23 PM
You a "the" download whore Decryption.

Oh the DOWNLOAD whore - I must have missed that bit lol. Explains his comments at the Chadstone opening when I handed him the $20 and a packet of KY :eek:

NeoRicen
2nd December 2008, 05:32 PM
8MB insane? That sounds about right, for what you, did to me.

Exocet
2nd December 2008, 06:24 PM
Also I find the iphones "MB counter" to be wildly inaccurate. I check on my optus page and its often 1/3rd what the iphone thinks it is.
Even when I had an incorrect APN set, the iPhone usage meter said that I had chewed through 200MB of data when I was Roaming. Checked my3-online and had used less than a MB.

iCameron
2nd December 2008, 07:32 PM
8MB insane? That sounds about right for what you did to me.

I agree, OCAU has alot of pictures on it etc.