PDA

View Full Version : Isync - No More Ipod

The Architect.mac
10th May 2005, 05:20 PM
Just also realised that because calendars and contacts now transfer through itunes 4.8.

iSync is now saying iPod doesn't sync through iSync it goes through iTunes.

iSync lost support for .mac when Tiger was realeased.

iSync has now lost support for iPod.

It only handles my v3 Razr via Bluetooth (which support came in Tiger - which many would be thrilled about no doubt).

SO it's use for Apple products is being done in different ways but still required for your 3rd party stuff is how i see it's future heading.

Thoughts, comments

New info - In the iPod prefs in iTunes 4.8 is where you activate your calendar and contact syncing now and it actually does do the syncing in the background through iSync - so it really just the moving of where the preferences are for the syncing like .mac not the actual application.
Cheers

The Architect.mac
10th May 2005, 05:57 PM
*bump* to give new info in modified post

Cheers

downsys
10th May 2005, 06:16 PM
hmm...well, it was initially rumoured that Apple was gonna drop iSync for something else. and that didn't happen. so it's still there.

DJY
10th May 2005, 06:34 PM
I wonder if this is to assist the rumoured soon to be released Motorola phone with iTunes capability?

marc
10th May 2005, 06:53 PM
It makes sense that everything iPod is done in iTunes. I'm sure we're only seeing a small part of the picture here.

the_OM
10th May 2005, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by DJY@May 10 2005, 06:34 PM
I wonder if this is to assist the rumoured soon to be released Motorola phone with iTunes capability?
Spot on I think

marc
10th May 2005, 06:58 PM
Btw, since Tiger and iTunes 4.8 I've been able to ditch quite a few apps from the dock. Thanks Dashboard and .mac automatic sync.