PDA

View Full Version : PDAnet Backgrounder and other Jailbraking Issues

lenman74
29th November 2008, 09:00 PM
I am really happy with my jailbroken 3G phone but there are just a couple of things that are getting to me and am wondering whether anyone else has managed to isolate/fix them:

1. Backgrounder - sounded great in theory. Have installed it via cydia and may have turned it on for a few apps, and I think my 15 month old daughter may have turned it on for a few others!!

To the problem....lag, lots of it. So much lag. Is it backgrounder? I guess I could deinstall through cydia, but really all I want to know is what apps currently are being kept running in the background? Is there anyway to tell?

2. PDANet - I need this app. Everytime I go to install it through Cydia it says and I quote "the package com.jft.pn cannot be found in your sources........"

I then try to add that and I get an error message saying that it is an old Installer repository.

End result - no PDAnet

Any ideas what I am doing wrong here?

3. Springboard - I found this springboard app when I installed Notifier (BTW has anyone ever seen a notifer message on the unlocked screen?).

I saw in it, one had the option of turning on a numerical or digital battery indicator. OK so I did that. Now I have a number between 1-100 to indicate battery life. Am slowly getting used to it, BUT, would like the battery icon back. Only thing is that I cannot find out how to now.

Any help in relation to any of the above will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Len

lenman74
1st December 2008, 08:09 AM
bump...... Any ideas anyone?

mitty
1st December 2008, 08:27 AM
Have you installed Winterboard at all? Although it can do a lot of pretty things, I found it caused lots of lag. Backgrounder was the same, so I got rid of it. with the possible rumoured advent of Push in 2.2.1 it probably won't be required any more anyway.

lenman74
1st December 2008, 08:36 AM
Oops

Yes, When I mentioned springboard in my OP, I meant winterboard.

I might try losing it. Still keen to get PDAnet though

Cheers

lenman74
1st December 2008, 01:34 PM
I deleted winterboard and backgrounder through Cydia, still the battery icon wont reappear. Lag seems to have gone though.

Any other ideas?

decryption
1st December 2008, 03:05 PM
Restore and start again.

lenman74
3rd December 2008, 11:46 PM
Yes, that seems the way to go.

I just am holding out for some PDAnet goodness which is stopping me from locking the phone back up in jail.

Has anyone else had issued obtaining PDANet through Cydia?????

LennyX
4th December 2008, 12:07 AM
Before you restore, install BossPrefs, open it, go to More (top right corner) and press Disable Numeric Battery. That should fix the battery indicator.

I've been using iPhone Modem by Addition and I've found it to be pretty good but I've never tried PDAnet.

And yeah, WinterBoard seems to slow everything down for me. I'm not much of a fan of iPhone themeing. In fact I wish I could take the whole Themes category out of Cydia. So annoying.

Edit: Just downloaded PdaNet and it's working fine for me. I can't believe I didn't get this sooner

decryption
4th December 2008, 12:23 AM
Nah, I meant to restore your iPhone and jail-break again.