PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Power Adaptor Not Working - Help!

BluMoon
28th November 2008, 10:01 AM
Hey All...

I've had a search for this but no one seems to have posted...

I went to charge my iPhone (3G, 2.2) last night, and when I plugged it in to the power adaptor (was plugged directly into the wall, not a power board) nothing happened... Yes, my heart skipped a beat as the horrible "there is something wrong with my baby" thought rushed through my head!

Staying calm, I plugged the cable into my G4 iBook, and hey presto, the phone responded, Synced and charged no worries...

This morning I once again tried to get the power adaptor to respond, but to no avail (tried a variety of plugs and power boards). Now I don't want to always have to plug the phone into a computer to charge it (I'm going away this weekend - argh!!). Any suggestions? Anyone had this problem? Will any Apple retailer replace the power adaptor? It is not the Sync cable, as I can sync it with the computer no worries... I'm a little puzzled/worried that I may have a flat phone this weekend!! :mad:

Help please!!

LCGuy
28th November 2008, 10:16 AM
If its under warranty, I imagine any AASP or Apple Store should be able to replace the power adaptor.

Supreme
28th November 2008, 10:18 AM
I'd say Apple will replace it. Did you try a different socket outlet? Did you have any power surges recently?

arkenstone
28th November 2008, 10:22 AM
Test it with a multimeter.

That'd my my first step.

The power plugs are pretty bloody simple things, shouldn't be too hard to track down where the problem is.

Remember to try not to die while testing live circuits.

leon
28th November 2008, 10:55 AM
The adapter that came with my 1st generation iPhone died after about 2 months. Apple Australia replaced it even though it originated from the U.S.A. All I did was contact my reseller and explain that it no longer worked. I told them that I tried a different duck head and that still didn't help.

They ordered me one over the phone then and there. When I picked up the new one I just handed in the old one to them.

When it comes to things like faulty power supplies, I have found Apple to be very responsive as they don't want you to injure yourself.

BluMoon
28th November 2008, 02:18 PM
Thanks All! Especially Arkenstone's advice re trying not to die ;)

I think I'll try to get Apple to replace it - a friendly local Apple Reseller has kindly lent me a power supply for the weekend while I wait for the replacement!

Hopefully it'll all be nice and easy and I'll be powered up before I know it!

Cheers!:)

Ralmin
28th November 2008, 04:12 PM
I went to charge my iPhone (3G, 2.2) last night

Funny that, same thing happened to me, soon after I upgraded my 3G iPhone to 2.2 I found it wouldn't charge on the adapter, only on the computer. Coincidence? Conspiracy? :mad: