PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard Help? (LOL!)

Ronin+Scissors
29th May 2004, 02:07 PM
Embarassing questions, *whispers* when you have an object selected, for example a directory in finder, what's the keyboard command to activate (? can't think of the right word) it, ie; the equivalent of double clicking? Similarly, what's the keyboard command to toggle a radio button on and off, ala space in Windows? Finally, is there a keyboard shortcut to access the tool bar menu?

Disko
29th May 2004, 02:43 PM
not sure really - but if you go into system prefs >> keyboard & mouse,
then click the 'keyboard shortcuts' tab - there is a tickbox at the bottom which enables full keyboard access....

Ignoramus
29th May 2004, 03:07 PM
The only one I know off the top of my head is that to open folders in finder you can use :cmd: + O. If you're using the icon view you can also use :cmd: + down arrow to move into the folder and :cmd: + up arrow to move out of the folder back to it's parent folder

Ronin+Scissors
29th May 2004, 03:09 PM
Seems my question wasn't so embarassing, heh, command+O was what I was looking for mainly. Thanks!

Disko
29th May 2004, 03:25 PM
:cmd: + down opens folders
:cmd: + up goes to the parent folder
:cmd: + O activates your selection :)

Ronin+Scissors
29th May 2004, 10:48 PM
For anyone else learning OS X keyboard... the fast way to toggle full keyboard commands is command+F1. Learning is fun!

pipsqeek
30th May 2004, 12:01 PM
I knew about this from the very begining but it just never clicked. I can't put 2 and 2 together, I was never good at maths. But basically, I found that if you go to System Preferences and click on Keyboard and Mouse then go to the Shotcuts tab, you will acutally be able to see all the Apple Shortcuts there are as well as modify some of them, I assume..

sillydog701
30th May 2004, 02:39 PM
Hello all,
I have a question regarding the keyboard.
What does the "help" key do?
(in full keyboard, above the 'forward del' key and next to 'home' key)

To call the Help of the application, it is mostly :cmd: + ?