PDA

View Full Version : Z.buds by ZAGG

twadds
27th November 2008, 08:52 AM
Just saw these bad boys on an email.

ZAGG | Z.buds | Earbuds, In-ear Headphones, Earphones (http://www.zagg.com/audio/zbuds-earbuds.php?utm_campaign=Get%20the%20Award-winning%20Z%2Ebuds%20by%20ZAGG&utm_content=andrewtwaddle@gmail.com&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=VerticalResponse&utm_term=HTML%20Version%20-%20Image%20Link%202)

Look decent.

Phase
27th November 2008, 09:05 AM
Well that was probably the worst product video I've ever seen.

Rant
27th November 2008, 10:20 AM
Their own web page doesn't do them justice. Here's the picture from the email. There's some good ideas in there. They'd have to be an improvement on the Apple buds. Sound quality would be the big thing. And I wish they had a right-angled jack. Those long skinny ones will work on an Original iPhone, but they're a significant weak point. Even the best designs will fail there eventually (even my UEs) or worse, wreck the iPhone socket.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3037/3062533432_6e487d6766.jpg?v=0

DomDom
27th November 2008, 04:44 PM
They look good to me. I wonder what the sound quality is like?

matthew858
27th November 2008, 04:46 PM
They look good to me. I wonder what the sound quality is like?

Judging by the price, I'd say the sound quality would be better than the stock Apple ear-phones, but not as good as something like the Ultimate Super 4vi's.

ZAGGevangelist
1st December 2008, 03:21 PM
Judging by the price, I'd say the sound quality would be better than the stock Apple ear-phones, but not as good as something like the Ultimate Super 4vi's.

Hello everyone,

My name is Chris and I am an official ZAGG Representative. The Z.buds have sound quality that is compared to headphones costing more than twice their price. We have done a lot of research on the drivers found in high-end earbuds are are confident that the sound quality rivals that of some of the biggest names in the headphone business.

If you have any other questions about the Z.buds or any other ZAGG product, please let me know.

Thanks!

pigsy101
3rd December 2008, 01:50 PM
Hello everyone,

My name is Chris and I am an official ZAGG Representative. The Z.buds have sound quality that is compared to headphones costing more than twice their price. We have done a lot of research on the drivers found in high-end earbuds are are confident that the sound quality rivals that of some of the biggest names in the headphone business.

If you have any other questions about the Z.buds or any other ZAGG product, please let me know.

Thanks!

Hi Chris,

Can you answer 1 thing for me? When using this on an iPhone 3G can I skip back a song? I'm assuming these Z.buds only work like the current supplied Apple headphones and that's double click to skip forward once and 1 click to pause.

Otherwise from the few amount of reviews posted on the net that I've checked out they seem pretty good. Everyone wants volume control and the loop around the neck is what I miss from when I used a Nokia as an MP3 player. I can vouch for the invisibleSheild too so if your z.buds can skip backwards a song I'm sold baby!!! :thumbup::D

Also if you could say whether you have tested your z.buds against the new "Apple In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic" Apple In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic - Apple Store (Australia) (http://store.apple.com/au/product/MA850G/A) that would be great.

kungfucamel
3rd December 2008, 02:26 PM
I'm pretty sure as from the 2.1 firmware you can use the triple click to skip back to previous songs. I lost my original Apple headphones and am using Sennheiser ones but they skip back with the triple click.

pigsy101
4th December 2008, 09:43 AM
I'm pretty sure as from the 2.1 firmware you can use the triple click to skip back to previous songs. I lost my original Apple headphones and am using Sennheiser ones but they skip back with the triple click.

OMG!! Cheers I didn't know that. It works!!!

Thanks heaps for that. Looks like I might get the z.buds now. :thumbup:

Skeetz
5th December 2008, 02:14 PM
I'd really like to see a comparison between these and the new Apple Earbuds - as its a decision between the two and the fact the volume control on the Apple ones doesnt work with an iPhone 3G it leaves me indecisive between the two. If there are any reviews you find or your own let me kno.

netadvanced
6th January 2009, 11:59 AM
I have had mine for a bit over 2 weeks now and the cheap plastic buds split in half.
As I have read many posts, it seems to be a common issue, therefore in my mind it looks like a factory defect.

I contacted Zagg support and they will not replace them as they are 5 days out of the 30 day warranty. I live in Australia and although they took 2 weeks to arrive, they count the order date as the start of warranty !!

I will rate these as very average headsets, although sound quality is not bad, itís not something to rave about !!