PDA

View Full Version : putting a file on my iphone

philiptel
27th November 2008, 07:37 AM
hey

i want to install a .cer file on my phone that my email exchange company send me a link to, it doesnt want to install on the phone threw the web...so they said i should copy it over to my phone from my mac....how do i do this?

thank you

:)

Dust For Eyes
27th November 2008, 07:40 AM
I'm going to be surprised if that installation works unless it's an app for a jailbroken phone.

dev_enter
27th November 2008, 08:17 AM
I've heard that you can e-mail certificates to yourself and perhaps install them that way. Try that (using a different mail account already set up on the phone of course). :)

Scooterpig
27th November 2008, 08:32 AM
Why not SSH it across?

chrism238
27th November 2008, 09:45 AM
Why not SSH it across?Given the "tone" of the OP's question, I don't think that the device is jailbroken.

Exocet
27th November 2008, 09:53 AM
Email it to yourself as an attachment, or upload it to a website and enter that URL into Safari.

philiptel
27th November 2008, 10:29 AM
safari doesnt want to download the .cer file! stupid stupid...i cant bluetooth it across cause iphone only uses BT for headsets...gamail and hot mail both dont want to send the file cause its a .cer file (I THINK) and i need the certificate to set up my exchange email ! so much more trouble than whats its worth

thanks anyway

:(

iGobbleoff
27th November 2008, 11:22 AM
use firefox to download the file, then email that to yourself, you dont have any other accounts to email from?

m_242
27th November 2008, 12:06 PM
Have you tried "Discover" from the app store? Or "MobileFiles" (which lets you have access to your mobileme idisk on the iphone)?