PDA

View Full Version : Westpac Release Basic Web App

DarkSpark
26th November 2008, 12:32 PM
I went too check my bank on my phone this morning as i do most others too notice a nice new easy too use homepage... it isn't much but makes it a whole lot easier for me too get too the login screen/find branches etc...

Furthermore i went into the branch too speak too the manager about organising my Super and such with BT super and showed him the app on my phone. Furthermore i brought my phone out too show the manager the ease at which i can now access my netbanking and he told me that in QUEENSLAND at least and most likely all of australia Westpac managers will be swapping their blackberries(the phone not their lunch) for iphones over the next month or so.

We then proceeded too spend about 15 minutes of our 20 minute session playing on my phone and forgetting about my super :P

but yeah... Just another corporation that is seeing the light so too speak.

I can't help but too think that iphone optimisation for websites is a damn good industry too get into at the moment... I am going too do some real research on this... I mean there are a lot of big companies out there who would be willing too pay decently for this

Peter Wells
26th November 2008, 12:34 PM
oooh, very nice.

gikku
26th November 2008, 03:03 PM
too nice !!

Galumay
26th November 2008, 03:23 PM
too much too take really!

Cybix
29th January 2009, 02:10 PM
it's an absolute EPIC fail of an iPhone web "front-end". It's totally useless. tap an option and watch in awe as it takes you to the full version of their web site which is quite painful as it is. Where's my iphone optimised banking interface Westpac? How embarrassing for them.

FAIL
http://photos-e.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v645/69/60/752769761/n752769761_1994316_2582.jpg

decryption
29th January 2009, 02:13 PM
Mmm, ANZ did something right for once with their iPhone interface. Not that I use it for anything beyond checking my balance before using EFTPOS, but it's handy :)

FreeFrag
31st January 2009, 03:55 PM
It's probably something they'll build up over time. I'm hoping they'll upgrade the Share Trading site.

ZacDavies
2nd February 2009, 04:13 PM
the app does have inbuilt functionality - it will show you the nearby westpac friendly atms nearby to you

macaholic
17th March 2009, 12:53 PM
it's an absolute EPIC fail of an iPhone web "front-end". It's totally useless. tap an option and watch in awe as it takes you to the full version of their web site which is quite painful as it is. Where's my iphone optimised banking interface Westpac? How embarrassing for them.

Ditto.
Its just pathetic, and quite ridiculous to expect iPhone users to login this way. :thumbdn:
C'mon Westpac, wake up.

macaholic
18th March 2009, 05:01 PM
I wrote to Westpac and had a whinge.
Here's the reply:

Thank you for your email and for taking the time to share your thoughts.

We are watching mobile developments closely and we are in the planning stages to offer a mobile banking experience in the future, however, at the moment we do not offer a specific iPhone application. We have recognised that some customers like to access Online Banking on the go, which is why we have informed our customers through the page you have seen on our website. We have been clear in the message that we do not have an iPhone specific service. The Online Keypad is the entry point to Online Banking, and we have found the keypad easy to use once you zoom-in and make the buttons larger when accessing via the iPhone. We are conscious of the issues some of our users encounter when using non-Microsoft browser & operating system combinations, along with more recent versions of the Gecko (Firefox) rendering engine. A list of our supported browsers can be found on 'Privacy & Security' section of our website under 'Browser set up'. You may encounter issues if you are using a more recent version of Firefox.

There is some functionality within our online banking service that we are aware is not currently compatible with non-IE browsers, along with some layout issues, which we are working towards correcting. At the moment, our focus is very much on addressing W3C/WAI compliance, and we have a project in progress. Once completed the next area of focus for us will be ensuring consistent usability of our website across a wider variety of rendering engines and operating systems. It is an issue we have started to address wherever technically possible throughout the current project.

We trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further enquiries, please contact us via email or call Telephone Banking on 132 032 if you are calling from within Australia, or on + 61 2 9293 9270 if you are calling from overseas (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week) and one of our Banking Representatives will be happy to assist you.

Yours sincerely

Andrew Thomas
Banking Representative
Westpac Banking Corporation