PDA

View Full Version : trackpad quirk on desktop icons with alum macbook

rjch
25th November 2008, 04:13 PM
I have a quirk with the new macbook. A two finger swirl/twirl on the trackpad on the desktop can result in the desktop icons getting smaller or bigger.

Odd?

Joe91
25th November 2008, 09:37 PM
Doesn't happen on mine. Have you got the trackpad firmware update?

Rasta
25th November 2008, 09:39 PM
You're increasing the size by increasing the distance between your fingers...

It happens to mine sometimes... change it back in the drop down menu or squeeze your fingers together...

rjch
25th November 2008, 10:06 PM
I've got the firmware update.

It's not a problem. As you say, easily fixed. But is it odd that as far as the trackpad / finder is concerned the icons on the desktop are just like any image? I wonder if I can lock the icon sizes on the desktop some way?

DeanCorp
25th November 2008, 10:09 PM
A bit off topic. But can you confirm that this happens with your MacBook. I have tried this with my Alumnium MacBook Pro, 2.53 & 2.4 and it happens too. Try take a screen shot (Apple + Shift + 4) and see if freezes.

poisontofu
26th November 2008, 09:32 AM
I get this too. Didn't notice it for a while because I usually use an external keyboard/mouse/2nd monitor setup.

It does seem odd. I didn't think it was a bug; just that Apple had gone a bit gesture-happy.

shivstar
26th November 2008, 12:46 PM
hmm... thats strange, doesnt happen on my MBP (unibody)

DeanCorp
11th December 2008, 06:44 PM
A bit off topic. But can you confirm that this happens with your MacBook. I have tried this with my Alumnium MacBook Pro, 2.53 & 2.4 and it happens too. Try take a screen shot (Apple + Shift + 4) and see if freezes.

An update. Today's EFI update fixed this issue :)

rjch
11th December 2008, 07:07 PM
Do the recent updates relate to problems with the trackpad in bootcamp?

rjch
11th December 2008, 07:19 PM
The new update does not fix the quirk, at least on my macbook. Two fingers on the trackpad and a one finger swirl still enlarges or reduces the size of icons on the Desktop.

TJA77
11th December 2008, 07:47 PM
Just checked my macbook and it doesn't seem to have this problem

rjch
14th December 2008, 09:39 PM
Who said this was a "quirk" is an utter dingbat.

You fool. Just go to Finder Preferences, Advanced, and then unclick the "Zoom using Trackpad".

Utter.

poisontofu
16th December 2008, 12:05 PM
hahaha. cheers!

I have a quirk with the new macbook.

Who said this was a "quirk" is an utter dingbat.

i wasn't really paying attention to usernames when i read this thread just now, and i thought you were being a bit uppity in that last post.

sorry, pretty dazed today :/