PDA

View Full Version : Safari 3.2.1 now available

Huy
25th November 2008, 09:31 AM
This update includes stability improvements and is recommended for all Safari users.

For Leopard (Safari321Leopard.dmg) (39.9MB) (http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite.net/content.info.apple.com/Safari3/061-5805.20881124.ShIPH/Safari321Leopard.dmg)
For Tiger (Safari321Tiger.dmg) (25.2MB) (http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite.net/content.info.apple.com/Safari3/061-5802.20081124.dCYdh/Safari321Tiger.dmg)

NORMANDY
25th November 2008, 09:33 AM
Safari 3.2.1

This update includes stability improvements and is recommended for all Safari users.

For Leopard Safari321Leopard.dmg (39.9MB) (http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite.net/content.info.apple.com/Safari3/061-5805.20881124.ShIPH/Safari321Leopard.dmg)
For Tiger (25.2MB) (http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite.net/content.info.apple.com/Safari3/061-5802.20081124.dCYdh/Safari321Tiger.dmg)

wow two updates in two weeks.... hmmmmmm

Balthazar
25th November 2008, 09:37 AM
Hope it increases speed, safari has been sluggish lately for me on some java script heavy sites

MrJesseRoss
25th November 2008, 10:42 AM
3.2 has been a bit crashy for me over the past week. Hoping the stability thing's fixed for real.

W9cae
25th November 2008, 10:51 AM
That was fast, good to see they have released 3.2.1 as 3.2 had some bugs and rectified ASAP

Gio
25th November 2008, 10:53 AM
This fixed my Mail.. Yeaaaaaa!!!!
Goodbye Entourage, oh how I hate you.....

Phase
25th November 2008, 10:57 AM
Oh thank god. I'm sick of relaunching safari

Aladdin
3rd December 2008, 10:24 AM
I just updated from Safari 3.2 to 3.2.1 (Tiger) on my PowerBook, and since restart, I've had a real annoying problem - upon login, the screen 'zooms in' slightly, so that text is just that little bit blurry or blocky.

Also when the mouse is moved to different parts of the screen, the picture on the screen shifts slightly (a few pixels). Giving me a headache looking at it.

iTunes was also updated at the same time from 8.0.1 to 8.0.2.

forgie
3rd December 2008, 10:36 AM
I just updated from Safari 3.2 to 3.2.1 (Tiger) on my PowerBook, and since restart, I've had a real annoying problem - upon login, the screen 'zooms in' slightly, so that text is just that little bit blurry or blocky.

Also when the mouse is moved to different parts of the screen, the picture on the screen shifts slightly (a few pixels). Giving me a headache looking at it.

iTunes was also updated at the same time from 8.0.1 to 8.0.2.
To zoom in and out, the usual shortcut is to hold down Control and scroll up and down. If that doesn't work to get rid of the zoom, go to System Preferences -> Universal Access -> "Seeing" Tab -> Click on the "Options...." button in the "Zoom" section. There is a check box at the bottom that says "Use scroll wheel with modifier keys to zoom". If you un-check this box, the scroll zooming will be disabled.

Aladdin
3rd December 2008, 11:23 AM
Thanks forgie. You're a gem. I was just about to do my head in.

I don't know how it occurred, but am surprised it did not revert back to normal upon restart. I was getting palpitations, thinking that my graphics/display was starting to push up daisies.

All good now. Phew. Now I can get back to work.

forgie
3rd December 2008, 11:57 AM
Thanks forgie. You're a gem. I was just about to do my head in.

I don't know how it occurred, but am surprised it did not revert back to normal upon restart. I was getting palpitations, thinking that my graphics/display was starting to push up daisies.

All good now. Phew. Now I can get back to work.
I had a friend who accidentally zoomed in like that, but only by a tiny amount - I almost took her iBook apart after re-installing combo updaters, running DiskWarrior etc. After hours of attempting to "fix" it, I finally figured out what was going on! In recent versions of Leopard, it will automatically jump out of Zoom mode if you are only zoomed in a tiny bit for a second or two.

DeanCorp
3rd December 2008, 12:30 PM
In recent versions of Leopard, it will automatically jump out of Zoom mode if you are only zoomed in a tiny bit for a second or two.

Oh cool, I didn't know that. Just tried it now. They really do think of everything.

banjo
3rd December 2008, 04:56 PM
Pity the update needs a restart. Anybody would think this was Wind...... perish the thought!

forgie
3rd December 2008, 05:19 PM
Pity the update needs a restart. Anybody would think this was Wind...... perish the thought!
When you update Safari, you also update WebKit, which is used as a fundamental System Framework. Yeah, it's annoying, but there's an actual reason for it. (unlike making you quit every useful application when you update an Adobe application. a$@holes.)