PDA

View Full Version : Iphone on optus prepaid - few queries

Modular_
23rd November 2008, 06:54 PM
Gday guys, was wandering if anyone with a bit more of a clue could help me with this as im a little confused. Today i picked up a brochure for Iphone on optus prepaid - does that mean im not on a plan ? (the fine print says nothing about minimum monthly durations etc)

the brochure basically lists turbo caps, eg. 50$ turbo cap, gives you 50$ mycredit 270$ bonus, and 500 meg data ...

The brochure says nothing about upfront fees for the iphone or anything so im really confused. Surely id have to pay something !

Any help on how this works would be appreciated.

Mac Ram
23rd November 2008, 07:32 PM
What did you sign? A contract? Do you have an iPhone? What did you go in to buy?

Anybody can walk out of a store with a brochure. Don't mean Jack.

matthew858
23rd November 2008, 07:32 PM
You pay an upfront fee of $729 for the 8GB iPhone, then becoming an Optus prepaid customer. Be careful to watch your data, as Optus burns a hole in your pocket when it comes to data as you don't get a certain amount every month. You are correct, you are not on a plan, although if you did want to go to another network, it would cost you $80 to unlock the phone (although the iPhone Dev Team are working on a software unlock).

Mac ram - I think all he did was grab a brochure and try to understand it.

Mac Ram
23rd November 2008, 07:37 PM
Mac ram - I think all he did was grab a brochure and try to understand it.

You're probably right.

Must be getting old and cranky, but how the hell do people expect someone to understand what the query is when you need to double guess what they're saying.

Probably why I don't work in a help desk type job.

myprepaidplans
25th November 2008, 05:29 AM
That sounds like a prepaid mobile plan to me. Optus has a few plans, the Data Blaster is apparently popular from a data perspective. If you do decide to unlock also look at Vodafone and Telstra, they also have plans for data usage that can work for your phone.

Unfortunately, the prepaid iphone market is still trying to get off the ground here. Without a supply of these phones it isn't going anywhere.

EdgeOfQuarrel
25th November 2008, 05:45 AM
someone , and by someone I mean VIRGIN , needs to offer some sort of data on their prepaid as well.
I'm thinking something ridiculous along the lines of a 'bean counter' but for data.
That would tear the prepaid iphone market a new one I think.