PDA

View Full Version : iMovie, iPhoto, iTunes taking unnecessary space? Just to clarify...

Bedford
23rd November 2008, 08:24 AM
I've edited some photos and I can always revert back to the original. I assume iPhoto is keeping two copies of some photos?

I've got a lot of short home movie clips in iPhoto, and it asked me the other day when I opened iMovie if I wanted to import the thumbnails, which I said yes to. It took a while, and imported them, and as it did I watched my free disk space go down on the hard drive. I can only assume iMovie has now copied all of those videos to somewhere for itself to use?

If I import a movie/film clip into my iTunes library, does it just add the name of movie/film clip to iTunes or does it actually copy the file into an iTunes folder, thus allowing me to delete the file I imported?

Thanks!

Salamander
23rd November 2008, 08:48 AM
iPhoto will always keep the original - so if you make any editing changes you will have two copies of the photo. iTunes will copy anything imported into the iTunes library if you have the 'Copy files to iTunes Music Folder' option ticked in advanced preferences. If this is the case you can delete the original file after importing.

Bedford
27th November 2008, 10:10 AM
Anyone else able to shed a bit of light on this?