PDA

View Full Version : Changing iPhone..

Jonno92
21st November 2008, 07:03 PM
OK, this is my situation. I am currently using a first generation iPhone, and have a 3G iPhone but I can't use it until Tuesday, as that is when I get my Voda SIM card..

Current Firmwares
First Gen iPhone - 2.0.2 Jailbroken and Unlocked
iPhone 3G - 2.0

I want to stick 2.2 firmware on my first gen iPhone before I sell it.. Can I do this without having to re-jailbreak?..

Also, I right-clicked my first gen iPhone in iTunes, and clicked 'backup'.. What exactly does it back up? I want to be able to restore that backup onto my 3G iPhone next Tuesday.. Does it backup contacts, email accounts, notes etc..?

Also, how long do you think it will be before 2.2 for 3G iPhone is able to be jailbroken?.. How long did it take to jailbreak the 2.2 beta? I don't want to update to 2.2 until I know it can be jailbroken..

Please don't spam, flame or post anything pointless..

Thanks in advance :D

Also, I right-clicked my first gen iPhone in iTunes, and clicked 'backup'.. What exactly does it back up? I want to be able to restore that backup onto my 3G iPhone next Tuesday.. Does it backup contacts, email accounts, notes etc..?

Scrap that. Just found this, which outlines what is backed up..
iPhone and iPod touch: About backups (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1766)

Backup information includes information such as mail settings, text messages, notes, call history, contact favorites, sound settings, widget settings, certain network settings, and other preferences including settings and data from third-party applications purchased from the App Store.

mitty
21st November 2008, 10:10 PM
From the 2.2 firmware thread it would appear you can install 2.2. You will lose the jailbreak, but the phone will still be unlocked. From there you could just download quickpwn (once it's released for 2.2) and then jailbreak again.

Of course I'm not sure, so do it at your own risk!

boddiz
21st November 2008, 10:12 PM
OK, this is my situation. I am currently using a first generation iPhone, and have a 3G iPhone but I can't use it until Tuesday, as that is when I get my Voda SIM card..

Current Firmwares
First Gen iPhone - 2.0.2 Jailbroken and Unlocked
iPhone 3G - 2.0

I want to stick 2.2 firmware on my first gen iPhone before I sell it.. Can I do this without having to re-jailbreak?..

No. The gold-master of firmware 2.2 unactivates iPhones, so you will need to activate it with a AT&T Sim. or, wait until the next pwnagetool/quickpwn comes out, and use that. Dev tem said it will be a little wait.

You answered this yourself.

Also, how long do you think it will be before 2.2 for 3G iPhone is able to be jailbroken?.. How long did it take to jailbreak the 2.2 beta? I don't want to update to 2.2 until I know it can be jailbroken..

Give it 1-2 weeks max. They have :) already jailbroken the beta, just oing some more testing on the final version to make sure its all find and dandy

Please don't spam, flame or post anything pointless..
ok :)

Thanks in advance :D[
No probs

Jonno92
22nd November 2008, 06:48 AM
thanks alot boddiz.

How do you know all this about them still testing the jailbreak for 2.2?..

Huy
22nd November 2008, 10:27 AM
Read the dev team's blogs.