PDA

View Full Version : Restore failed! Please help

tate1984
20th November 2008, 04:31 PM
Hi guys

I have a 1st gen iPhone which I have been I have had running unlocked with FW2.1. Recently the phone has been playing up a little - running slow, not syncing etc. so I decided to do a restore.

Everything was going fine until I got an "unknown error (6)" from iTunes. I have tried to restore a few times now with both iTunes and Pwnage but keep getting various "unknown errors".

Now the phone is stuck in recovery mode and I can't seem to get it out. I can't try to restore using Pwnage again as the phone won't turn off (it simply keeps restarting) and therefore I can't get it to enter DFU mode.

Any help in restoring it would be appreciated

Cheers

Mullarkey
21st November 2008, 04:07 PM
I had a similar issue, can't quite remember how i got around it but I think it involved restoring a standard IPSW and then re-creating the pwnage custom IPSW.

Pwnage also had a run through on how to get into DFU if you leave the phone plugged in and don't do anything

Galumay
21st November 2008, 04:09 PM
i have had similar issues before - likewise i cant remember what i did exactly but i seem to remember just keeping trying until it worked.

i agree that restoring with the original iPhone firmware first and then re-jailbreaking is a good idea.