PDA

View Full Version : SAFARI UPDATE fault

travharry
20th November 2008, 08:31 AM
Gday,

i know its only a recent update but i was wondering if anyone had found that a number of sites which before the latest safari update worked fine are now showing up as not compatible?

Trav

mac_man_luke
20th November 2008, 08:33 AM
that would just be poor coding eg they are coded to look for a specific version number and have not yet been updated to accommodate for the new one

MrJesseRoss
20th November 2008, 09:00 AM
I thought this thread would have been about the random crashing that Safari appears to be prone to after the 3.2 update. Mine's crashed twice tonight for no reason.

MacNN | New features in Safari 3.2 causing crashes? (http://www.macnn.com/articles/08/11/17/safari.32.causing.crashes/)

Apple's Safari 3.2 release may be causing more problems than are solved for some users, anecdotes indicate. The browser is said to be crashing frequently in some cases, with at least some incidents being preceded by the "beachball" loading icon. It is unknown why the errors might be occurring, but it is thought that they may be connected to Apple's new anti-phishing safeguards, or alternately, the third-party PithHelmet ad-blocking extension.