PDA

View Full Version : *not iphone* Telstra on Optus EMAIL!

Carve
18th November 2008, 09:35 PM
I have a nokia 6280 and its registered (well unlocked to optus) but still has the "zoo" thing on there.

Now i want to act email but it says contact provider. I have a telstra sim in there and want to use email to update tumblr for when i go away...

any help?

i also have a 6120c thats with Telstra but i can't email becuase of Data Pocket (says its unnacceptable?)

please help please

Soliah
18th November 2008, 10:10 PM
How are you accessing your email? Via the browser or via the Messages menu?

The 6120C should be preconfigured for Telstra so it should work straight away. If you're getting Data Packet errors you're account may not be setup properly.

The 6280 is not a phone that Telstra sell. If you wish to access the the internet you'll need to get some settings sent to the phone. Visit here: Mobile Phone Set-up - Telstra (http://configure.telstra.com.au/telstra/index.jsp) This of course won't change the fact that you're account may still not be correctly setup for data access. Lastly, if it's a company provided service, companies usually bar internet access on phones.

Exocet
19th November 2008, 08:38 AM
The phone will be configured with Optus' packet data (GPRS/3G) settings. Call Telstra and ask them to configure wap, mms and email. In fact there's a Telstra website somewhere that you can use to send yourself the settings.

Soliah
19th November 2008, 09:57 AM
The phone will be configured with Optus' packet data (GPRS/3G) settings. Call Telstra and ask them to configure wap, mms and email. In fact there's a Telstra website somewhere that you can use to send yourself the settings.

Did you even read my post? :p

Exocet
19th November 2008, 10:06 AM
Did you even read my post? :p

I skimmed past it on my iPhone. I was on the train and got smacked in the back of the legs by some overweight trollop demanding to get past me so she could get out of the train.

1) The next station was still over 2 minutes away
2) There wasn't even a polite "excuse me" before the walloping began
3) She was ugly, and therefore obviously angry at the world.

Apologies - top marks for a helpful post :)

Carve
19th November 2008, 08:48 PM
well after a long hard $20 prepaid credit runout on trying to get this work.

everything is up yet i have to activate the telstra email thingo

which is now $7 a month... okay...

Soliah
20th November 2008, 10:22 AM
well after a long hard $20 prepaid credit runout on trying to get this work.

everything is up yet i have to activate the telstra email thingo

which is now $7 a month... okay...

You signed up for MyEmail? Not exactly the best solution but probably the easiest.

Carve
20th November 2008, 08:59 PM
best solution?

please tell me more, i didnt "sign" up, as in, paying $7 a month, but i have access to it now from my phone, whats easier now?

my plan (posted on both threads): sign up for flickr, get widget and post onto tumblr main page, so its the first thing under the heading. Take picture, go onto 3G mobile web and go onto mobile flickr, post image. Post on Flickr and Tumblr!

good yes....?

Soliah
20th November 2008, 09:45 PM
You can setup an email account on your phone just like you would in something like Microsoft Outlook or Mozilla Thunderbird. It'll be under Messaging -> Email.

There if you go to the options you should be able to define a new email account. Any email account with POP3 or IMAP access will work. Once it's setup you should be able to send and compose emails using the Messaging client on the phone itself, rather than using the browser. This will of course require data and so I recommend purchasing a Data Pack: Browse Plus Packs - Telstra Pre-Paid (http://www.telstra.com.au/telstraprepaidplus/latestoffers/plus_packs/browse.htm)

You can purchase these packs by dialing #100# from the phone and using the onscreen menu.