PDA

View Full Version : Macbook Pro Blank CD Issue

sox11
18th November 2008, 02:01 PM
I have looked around on the forum and saw this" http://forums.mactalk.com.au/16/53270-imac-doesnt-recognise-blank-cds.html "but mine is slightly different.

So here it is....

I'm trying to burn a cd whether it be for a disk image or an audio CD, after i insert the blank disk 30 seconds will pass and it will spit it out again. I've made sure that is system preferences i have system open finder when a blank disk is inserted just so i know if it is doing something. As well as i've tried different cds with the same result.

Now i can put in a blank dvd and the system will read and burn to it with no problems but here is the strange bit..

i though it might be the type of CD i am using but what is odd is that i have some already burnt cd's lying around and when i put them in my system from the same batch of disks and the system reads it with no problems...:confused:

I've reset the PRAM like the previous forum around 3 times and still i have no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D:D

Macmadman
18th November 2008, 02:05 PM
You could prolly try an archive and install, but really sounds like your superdrive is dodgy. Take it into an apple store I reckon.

Currawong
18th November 2008, 02:16 PM
You didn't ever flash the drive to be Region 0 did you?

sox11
18th November 2008, 02:17 PM
it just doesn't seem logical to me that 3 out the 4 tasks works on the burner, and it is just blank CD's...

Is there a separate lense for CD burning and DVD burning??

sox11
18th November 2008, 02:18 PM
You didn't ever flash the drive to be Region 0 did you?

nope haven't mucked around with this

DJY
18th November 2008, 08:09 PM
Mine is the same mate... also the 2.2GHz model from mid last year....
gets very temperamental at times.

I use my Mac mini or USB drives now. When my new MBA arrives (with external Superdrive) will be taking the MBP in for a look.
There were a few threads in here which started discussing which brands people seemed to have better success with, and also the exact problem you are describing.