PDA

View Full Version : mic from earphones was not working -what to do?

nando
18th November 2008, 10:38 AM
Well over the weekend I had to use my iPhone's headphone's mic...and nope they werent working?!?!? the other person that i was talking to couldnt hear me?!
i though ok maybe it was the Apple headphones fault.
But then yesterday I tried my new Sennheiser headphones ..and they werent working either?!?!?!:eek:
Ok...searching and searching..some ppl suggested...to plug in and out the headphones several times cuz that will clear the "memory" ...
then nope it wasnt working...
then what i did was to make 100% sure i plug the thing correctly..ofcoarse it wasnt working..
then...i restore my iPhone..it wasnt much of a pain as I had everything backup...but..nope it wasnt working...
then i read someone suggested to stick a paper clip inside the headphone's whole i did... and lo and behold there was lint inside the headphone whole in the iphone!

and..sure enough after removing the lint ...that allow the mic on my headphones to work!

rtoconnor
9th February 2009, 09:21 AM
I had the exact same issue as Nando and the paperclip resolved the issue in minutes. I had spent hours trying to resolve. Thanks for the tip!!!!!!!

shihyuan
9th February 2009, 09:34 AM
i have the same issue as well and i am about to take the earphone back to the apple store for exchange. i will try it out and see if it will resolve my issue too. thanks for the tips. :thumbup: