PDA

View Full Version : Refurb 2.4Ghz 2Gb Macbook (White) On It's Way - How Do I comfirm the stats?

macrob
18th November 2008, 12:45 AM
WOOHOO! My refurb 2.4GHz 2GB Macbook (White) is apparently winging its way to me as we speak, and should be arriving tomorrow (18/11/2008).

OK, I'm new to Mac (had limited exposure at uni last semester, but mainly just FCP.) so I have a couple of quick (and no doubt simple) questions which I hope my fellow Mactalkers will be kind enough to assist me with :-

1) Having received it and plugged it in, the first thing I want to do is confirm that I have received what I have paid for (i.e the CPU and RAM specifications etc.) Where is this info located, and how can I get to it?

2) After downloaded my software (iWork 08), I've been advised that it would be prudent to run an Apple update to get all the latest and greatest patches etc. related to both OSX and the Apple software. Sounds like a good plan, but I was wondering exactly how I would go about instigating this update? Also, is there any rough guess-timate how long this might take?

3) Are there any other day one - just out of the box - what ever you do don't forget to do this - tips and tricks that you can advise?

Many thanks to all.

BRING ON MY NEW TOY!

macrob
18th November 2008, 12:51 AM
Bugger!:o

I planned on putting this in the New Mac and OSX support thread.

Sorry for the incorrect location.

Does anyone know if I can move it, or do I just re-post in the correct thread?

I think its getting past my bedtime :)

wmyeoh
18th November 2008, 01:05 AM
WOOHOO! My refurb 2.4GHz 2GB Macbook (White) is apparently winging its way to me as we speak, and should be arriving tomorrow (18/11/2008).

OK, I'm new to Mac (had limited exposure at uni last semester, but mainly just FCP.) so I have a couple of quick (and no doubt simple) questions which I hope my fellow Mactalkers will be kind enough to assist me with :-

1) Having received it and plugged it in, the first thing I want to do is confirm that I have received what I have paid for (i.e the CPU and RAM specifications etc.) Where is this info located, and how can I get to it?

2) After downloaded my software (iWork 08), I've been advised that it would be prudent to run an Apple update to get all the latest and greatest patches etc. related to both OSX and the Apple software. Sounds like a good plan, but I was wondering exactly how I would go about instigating this update? Also, is there any rough guess-timate how long this might take?

3) Are there any other day one - just out of the box - what ever you do don't forget to do this - tips and tricks that you can advise?

Many thanks to all.

BRING ON MY NEW TOY!

1) Under the Apple menu (top left hand corner) - About this Mac.

2) Under the Apple menu again - Software Update and Mac OS X Software. How long depends on what version you get out of the box. I wouldn't think it would take that long.

3) Sit back, smile, and realise that you have just made a very wise purchase - as evidenced from the ease at which the first two questions have been answered. Enjoy your new toy ;)

macrob
18th November 2008, 01:21 AM
1) Under the Apple menu (top left hand corner) - About this Mac.

2) Under the Apple menu again - Software Update and Mac OS X Software. How long depends on what version you get out of the box. I wouldn't think it would take that long.

3) Sit back, smile, and realise that you have just made a very wise purchase - as evidenced from the ease at which the first two questions have been answered. Enjoy your new toy ;)

Thanks Wmyeoh for your swift response. :thumbup: I hope that (eventually in time) I can help other new converts, as you have kindly helped me.

I must admit, it is one of the very nice added extras with Apple / Mac that there is an associated community, especially here at MTAU, who in the main are more than happy to assist its members.

I can't wait for the delivery tomorrow (actually it's now later today!)

wmyeoh
18th November 2008, 01:41 AM
No worries! Trust me, you won't be disappointed with your new purchase. I recently bought a MBP from the Refurb store and couldn't be happier with the price, delivery time and of course the product.

Enjoy - and if you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask.