PDA

View Full Version : what is the best keyvboard/mouse with a MBP?

hasanito
15th November 2008, 12:09 AM
I've been enjoying my new MBP but thinking about getting myself a keyboard and mouse for it.
I did naturally, first considered the apple wireless keyboard and mouse but I wanted to find out if there are other better options out there!
What do other MBP owners use as keyboard and mouse? Anyone tried and would swear by MS or Logitech ones?

Huy
15th November 2008, 12:12 AM
Are you using your MBP as a desktop?

If so, Apple Keyboard (Aluminium) with a Microsoft/Logitech mouse. Works great. Especially because the keyboard provides two additional USB ports. You can use one for the mouse.

Don't get a Mighty Mouse.

hasanito
15th November 2008, 09:22 AM
MBP gives the mobility too but I found that, I am using it a lot like a desktop... I guess 50/50!
I was tempted to buy the Mac Wireless Keyboard/Mac Mouse combination from JB Hi Fi yesterday:D

I presume then that MS/Logitech mouses work with no problem on MacOS?

If so, Apple Keyboard (Aluminium) with a Microsoft/Logitech mouse. Works great. Especially because the keyboard provides two additional USB ports. You can use one for the mouse.

OB1
15th November 2008, 10:05 AM
I have a MBP that I use as a desktop and bought the apple wireless keyboard. After a week a I took it back and exchanged it for the wired keyboard, for all day everyday use you can't beat a full keyboard and with the apple wired keyboard you don't lose a USB port you gain one, plus it's very light and fits in my 17" bag :). (not to mention the great "feel" of it)

wabbit
15th November 2008, 10:08 AM
Im using exactly what Huy said.

JimWOz
15th November 2008, 10:12 AM
I recommend a Logitech V470 Bluetooth Mouse. :thumbup:
Seems to get much better life from rechargeable AA's than the earlier V270 model I have too. :)

Magpie
15th November 2008, 10:19 AM
Shotgun thoughts:

Apple wired kb: Best yet for me, as I like the notebook-style short-travel keys.
Logitech S530: A close second-best, if you don't mind getting used to the different locations for things such as the volume keys.
MS Natural Keyboard 4000: I'd like this if it had short-travel keys, but the shape is excellent and far better for your wrists.

Mice: Get the lightest one possible that you like the feel of. I ended up indulging in the non-mac compatible G9, because I could balance it to how i wanted. I somehow managed to get the buttons on it working so i could slow down the tracking on the fly for precision work. It doesn't work that way now, so I'll have to possibly set it up in Windows again to work that way.

maghemi
27th December 2008, 09:27 AM
For me personally, I love the standard wired alu mac keyboard, but I hate the wireless version. If they just did the wired layout as a wireless I'd use that.

But I seriously dislike the mouse not matter which way you look at it.

I've got the Logitech S530 combo. The mouse is very good. Just takes a little tweeking, and I'd recommend using the logitech software. And the keyboard is certainly very nice. But like said before it takes a little getting used to.

Back2Bedlam
27th December 2008, 11:20 AM
I have the Apple wireless mouse and keyboard, and have used both for 18 months without any issues. The mouse works fine with fast paced games.

bigmouth
27th December 2008, 11:29 AM
I've got the Microsoft Bluetooth Wireless Mouse (5000 model) - it's smaller than your average mouse ! It also has a back button on the left side (all configurable), which is akin to my Logitech mouse for the iMac upstairs.

At least this way I can use the MBP and not lose any USB ports. As for a 2nd keyboard, I don't have one as the MBP will be 2nd computer, not a replacement.

elnewb
27th December 2008, 11:34 AM
I have the Apple wireless mouse and keyboard, and have used both for 18 months without any issues. The mouse works fine with fast paced games.

Sort of... The mouse is a little on the heavy side and the responsive-ness of the clicks aren't that great. And switching between right and left click is a lil bit slower because it is all one shell. That being said I've played with the wireless might mouse on TF2 and counter strike and it performed remarkably well... but it could be better.

bosc0
10th February 2009, 10:50 AM
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mice_pointers/mice/&cl=au,en&page=&view=comparison&compProducts=4676,3287,130

^ Your choice and why?
Who'd have thought choosing a mouse would be so hard.

sighclops
10th February 2009, 11:06 AM

+1, my sentiments exactly. avoid the mighty mouse like the plague