PDA

View Full Version : new to mac

jetbrown
14th November 2008, 01:09 PM
Hi there,

Just joined up so I thought I'd say hi. Just bought a new MBP 3 weeks ago. My first mac, and I love it.

It was a bit daunting to start off with, coming from PC, but I soon got the hang of it.

I went to the apple store at Chadstone and was really happy with the service. They know their stuff and were really helpful.

I wanted a MBP as it has good graphics, has a firewire port for my canon XH A1, nice screen, and it's just a well built machine with the aluminium body. I like mucking around on garage band as well.

I mainly use it for internet browsing, the odd game, and video editing, and it handles all this really well. It's fast!

I like to use it outside (not in the sun) so I use the battery quite a bit. Really happy with the battery time.

I've been getting into Apple products for awhile. I first bought an Ipod classic, then an iPhone and now this mac.

Anyhow, that's my happy story!

Cheers,
Tim

Currawong
14th November 2008, 01:23 PM
Welcome jetbrown. Glad to see you're enjoying yourself. Don't forget to check out the Switcher's FAQ (http://forums.mactalk.com.au/16/43503-switchers-faq.html) if you haven't already.

jetbrown
14th November 2008, 02:07 PM
thanks currawong, will do.