PDA

View Full Version : Mobileme preference pane not working!

pat25d
13th November 2008, 09:22 PM
So I am having a few issues, but the biggest one at the moment is that I can't log into the Mobileme preference setion in the sys pref's.

I can log in to me.com fine with the same user/pass but when I type the same into the preference pane and press log in, my idisk mounts to the desktop which I can access, but on the preferences I get "Unknown Validation Error" and then "You password or username is incorrect" or something like that.

The user and password are not wrong, as I can log in fine to me.com.

Restarts have not fixed this, and i have trashed the plists of dotmacsync.plist

Any ideas?

MissionMan
13th November 2008, 09:47 PM
I know there is terminal command to reset mobileme preferences, you might want to try it. Sometimes the reset in the gui doesn't work as well.

/System/Library/Frameworks/SyncServices.framework/Versions/A/Resources/resetsync.pl full

contempt
21st February 2009, 03:07 AM
I just started having the exact same issue last week. Same as you, I can log into me.com, mail works fine PLUS I can log on via preference pane on my macbookpro. It's just this main Mac Pro that won't accept my username/password.

MissionMan, I tried that command in Terminal and it didn't fix it. Any other solutions? Pat25D, did you end up solving it, if so, would love to know. Thanks.

wilco440
2nd August 2009, 06:54 AM
I've been having the same problem with one of my Macs for ages now too. Two others Macs log in fine, but the iMac keeps telling me my login details (which work fine on the others) are wrong.

Can anyone suggest solution to this? Any prefs I should nuke?

colin