PDA

View Full Version : Solved!: Apps Die When Tryin To Print With Net On

mikeb.aus81
7th May 2005, 01:28 PM
Hi Guys,

I cant get my head around this problem, since installing (format & install) Tiger when I attempt to print anything in any program when the internet is connected the program will crash and close but as soon as I turn the net off it prints without an issue.

I've verified & repaired disk permissions, reintalled print drivers, rebooted everything without luck.

Any advice? - Solved see below

mikeb.aus81
7th May 2005, 02:41 PM
Well I fixed it, I dont know how and I dont know why but it was my Epson RX510 Printer driver. I deleted the printer from my printer list and it stopped the problem. This also fixed my problem wwith photoshop no being able to open or create new files. It seems the "Program Error" was a driver issue. Phew, I;m glad thats fixed, lucky I have two printers.

AusMac
7th May 2005, 03:08 PM
OK my take on this as an Epson RX510 owner/user but still running panther.
Epson is inextricably linked to your system.
Just a simple blackout which turns off the printer, will cause you to have to log out and in.. just to reset the link between you and your printer..

All you needed to do was to reinstall your printer drivers if you really wanted to be pedantic .. but I'd first try simply log out and log back in to see if that repaired the issue.
Yes, I'd say that deleting and re adding the printer to your list should do similar.

mikeb.aus81
7th May 2005, 03:21 PM
I have been talking to a few international mac users and they have advised the problem is that the Epson print drivers for Mac are not 100% compatIble with Tiger, Epson have confirmed this is a known issue and is developing new drivers, eta unkown. Its a bit sad with many Epson users on Mac, that Epson did not take advantage of the Tiger Development release and have these driver updates out for Tiger.

AusMac
7th May 2005, 08:31 PM
ouch.. hopefully there will be an updated driver set soon.
Although this does verify my intuition not to upgrade to tiger just yet.