PDA

View Full Version : iBook Airport Problem???

supermariobothers
11th November 2008, 11:16 PM
Hi all, have just had to replace the optical drive in my 12" iBook G4 as I am getting ready to sell it. Take apart was time consuming, but the operation was a success!

Only problem being, the airport card now seems limited in reception??

I only noticed when the signal would start to drop out in rooms where I used to have no problems. I am using it tonight in the same room as my 14" iBook G4, and sitting side by side, the 12" only shows half as much reception as the 14"???

I'm sure the airport extreme card is seated correctly, and the antenna firmly connected. I made sure that the cable was clear and not-pinched by anything during reassembly. It is working, just seems limited in capacity?

Any ideas guys??

Thanks.

nigel
13th November 2008, 06:32 AM
Check the actual connection speed on both by <option> clicking the Airport icon in the menu bar. Mine often says full strength, but it might not be at full rate, if that makes any sense.

Does it copy files at a different speed now, or feel slower?

Kinda like reception bars on mobile phones...

supermariobothers
15th November 2008, 09:06 AM
Thanks Nigel!

Was just me being inept in the end....

Lifted up the keyboard... and realised the antenna wasn't pushed ALL the way in. You really have to be firm with it. I've installed airport cards in emacs before, and they were a lot easier.

Thanks anyway!:)