PDA

View Full Version : Iphotos Onto Drawing Page

Georgina EG
6th May 2005, 11:16 PM
I'm able to move photographs onto an AppleWorks 6 drawing page by dragging them onto the page, but from there I can't get anything right. And somehow yesterday I even got a photograph the size of my iMac screen as a desktop picture, and then panicked because I couldn't find a way of getting rid of it!

I downsize the shots I wish to use but the complete photograph doesn't appear and I can't stretch it out nor move it across the page. The white drawing page with its graph also seems to disappear leaving a mostly coloured blank page. I also want to put text on the page. I'm familiar with using clipart and text, but this has got me totally perplexed.

Could someone please help me out?

snax
11th May 2005, 08:31 PM
I read your post twice and still can't figure out exactly what you're trying to do.. but here's some ideas that might help. Use Photoshop or similar to resize the images properly. Or, search http://www.macupdate.com for a program which can resize images. If this were intended for printing, a professional would be using Photoshop. They'd know how many cm they want the image to be, and use PS's Image Size feature to resize it to that exact width, with a Resolution (DPI) of 150 or 300.
Alternatively, in Preview or iPhoto zoom the image to the size you want it and take a screenshot of it. Then paste that into AppleWorks. (Hold Apple Control Shift and 4, then select the area you want. Apple V pastes). However, if you print this the image will appear blurry, because the screenshot is at the on-screen resolution of 72 DPI.
Not sure about the graph/coloured page thing. Are you running OS X? Maybe your machine is choking because you imported a giant digital photograph and you don't have enough ram.

AppleWorks is an old obsolete program, too. If you are running OS X you'll probably fall in love with Pages (http://www.apple.com/iwork/pages/). Do yourself a favour and go pick up a copy of Apple's iWork.