PDA

View Full Version : MacBook Screen flickering

GracieH
8th November 2008, 05:04 PM
I got my MacBook late 2006 and have recently (in the last month or 2) noticed that the screen has started flickering. While I am working the screen just dims for no apparent reason and then comes back bright again. It is the whole screen not in lines or anything. I found a video with a similar problem here AppleDefects.com Inexplicable MacBook Screen Flicker - Customer Complaints & Issues - Defective Apple Products, iPod, MacBook, iMac, Mac problems (http://www.appledefects.com/?p=179)
Does anyone know what this problem is? How it can be fixed?
Please help

leon
8th November 2008, 05:13 PM
Mine does this as well. When it dims I also get a buzzing noise coming from somewhere near the screen. I have been told that it is the LCD inverter that is failing. I took it into an Apple Service Centre and they said they couldn't find anything wrong. I have learnt to just live with it (although it is very annoying). I generally have my Macbook connected to an external screen so I don't notice it as much.

shorts
8th November 2008, 05:29 PM
Does anyone know what this problem is? How it can be fixed?
Please help

It could either be the inverter, LCD backlight or the inverter cable. Id say its more likley to just be the cable if there is no buzzing. The buzzing sound is usually the inverter. If its just the cable or the inverter, its usually not too expensive to repair if you are out of warranty.