PDA

View Full Version : Snak 5 for Free, Nov 5th only!

Brains
5th November 2008, 11:26 PM
To celebrate Obama's victory to become the next bum on the throne in the Oval Office, Kinch (the author of Snak, the longest-surviving IRC client for MacOS) is giving away FREE registrations to Snak 5 for today (Nov 5th 2008) only. Visit the Snak home-page (http://www.snak.com) and follow the simple instructions.

Huy
5th November 2008, 11:33 PM
Fantastic! Thank you Brains!

I love Snak. More so than X-Chat. :)

This thread would also be good in here:
http://forums.mactalk.com.au/28/10040-hardware-software-specials-youve-spotted.html

bennyling
5th November 2008, 11:35 PM
Cheers Brains!

Thanks for the heads-up.

Huy
6th November 2008, 12:07 AM
Just received my email.

Key works great!

To help others: you need to enter it inside the Edit menu, which isn't where you'd expect it to be.

Edit > Enter Licence Key
:)

EDIT
Instructions were in the email. I guess I should read everything! :o

To enter the key, please start Snak and pull down the "Edit" menu and (depending on the Snak version) choose either "Enter key" or "Registration". In the latter case, press the "Enter Key" button in the dialog that comes up.

bennyling
6th November 2008, 12:08 AM
Just received my email.

Key works great!

To help others: you need to enter it inside the Edit menu, which isn't where you'd expect it to be.

Edit > Enter Licence Key
:)

LOL +1 to "I just received my email".

Thanks for the info, though.

Brains
6th November 2008, 11:44 AM
*bump*

Time's running out to get your free Snak! You have until 6pm (AEST) today (Thursday the 6th) to get your email request in.

reemixx
6th November 2008, 12:38 PM
Emailed them for mine last night. Haven't got a reply yet. I hope they're not being choosy. Maybe I should have said something like "hooray for Obama!" or "God bless the United States of America!" in the email :P

Is Snak any good? I've been using Colloquy - actually the only IRC client I've ever used on a Mac. It's decent, but there's things about it that annoy me. From what I've seen, Snak looks a little less pretty but more functional in comparison.

Huy
6th November 2008, 12:50 PM
Snak is like mIRC (on Windows) to me. I prefer it over all else.

It was the first IRC client I used on Mac. :)

The Loyal
6th November 2008, 01:07 PM
Reemix, it took quite a while for mine to come through as well. I just had "Free licence" in the email subject and it came through fine. I've seen the offer on quite a few websites so I would say they would have a few emails :P

mitty
6th November 2008, 01:38 PM
Cool, IRC is always handy to have (even though I don't use it much these days). Thanks for the thread.

reemixx
6th November 2008, 01:44 PM
Huy: Yeah, I agree that it seems a lot like mIRC. Man, even the mention of that brings back memories. Was anyone else an IRC junkie back in the day? It was where all the cool kids would hang out! Well, okay, maybe the not so cool kids... ;P

The Loyal: Cool, I pretty much just wrote the same thing in the email. So I'll stay hopeful!

dt
6th November 2008, 02:12 PM
*bump*

Time's running out to get your free Snak! You have until 6pm (AEST) today (Thursday the 6th) to get your email request in.

I just requested a licence, but was rebuffed :(

Thank you for requesting a free Snak license. We appreciate the interest, but unfortunately the Obama Celebration Giveaway is over. It was a great success with close to 1500 free licenses handed out.

Ohwell.. worth a try.

grfxninja
6th November 2008, 02:40 PM
I just requested a licence, but was rebuffed :(

Ohwell.. worth a try.

Bugger… I only sent off the request about an hour ago. Haven't had any response yet though, so we shall see what happens

AnthoMac
6th November 2008, 03:09 PM
w00t! got my code. Thanks for sharing this with us (and thanks for Obama for winning - good times for Americans)

edit: yeah I probably was the last few who got the code since I registered 1 hour ago. The confirmation email was near instant.

grfxninja
6th November 2008, 03:51 PM
Yep, just got mine too. Well actually, I got it almost instantly, but for some reason my Gmail wasn't being retrieved by Apple Mail. Just gave it a kick and now all is good ;)