PDA

View Full Version : Aussie Widgets

Devski
6th May 2005, 10:45 AM
I've noticed another site which may have been mentioned before:

Widget Developer Gallery (http://www.widgetdeveloper.com/newskin/gallery.php)

There seems to be a fair few Aussie widgets on this board (including my favorite - an Internode usage meter).

But there is also a mix of other bits and pieces, so it would be nice to have a permanent listing of just Australian Widgets, and it seems only logical to have it on AppleTalk Aus.

Who else is keen?
(If we all push Disko hard enough, I'm sure he'll cave to peer group pressure.)

iSlayer
6th May 2005, 10:50 AM
There are plans to have a widget section on appletalk i believe.
until that happens keep visiting widgetdeveloper.com and islayer.net for australian widgets

Widgetdeveloper.com is run by mac_man_luke(a member here) and me.
iSlayer.net is my personal site

Devski
6th May 2005, 10:52 AM
Well, whoever did the Melbourne freeway traffic widget get's my vote for Prime Minister.

Thanks to all those who have contributed time to any Australian widget. I salute you.

iSlayer
6th May 2005, 10:54 AM
im very dedicated to doing australian widgets so let me know any ideas you have

Squozen
6th May 2005, 11:45 AM
I'm assuming that Australian Yellow/White Pages and Whereis is already being worked on by somebody... correct me if I'm wrong, please. :)

El Guardo
6th May 2005, 11:57 AM
Post removed.

iSlayer
6th May 2005, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Squozen@May 6 2005, 12:45 PM
I'm assuming that Australian Yellow/White Pages and Whereis is already being worked on by somebody... correct me if I'm wrong, please. :)
ive done some basic playing with the yellow pages site and its possible but its a very large project

aswitcher
6th May 2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by islayer@May 6 2005, 10:54 AM
im very dedicated to doing australian widgets so let me know any ideas you have
Sydney (insert other Australian city) traffic, city and coastal cameras widget...with last three viewed memory...

Whereis widget interface...with last 10 viewed memory...addressbook interface ;)

Apple resellers dbase widget with web links accessable from widget...searchable by nearest to postcode...

Whois widger with traceroute...

Bus, traing and ferry time table interface...with search for suburb to suburb connection times by different methods... ok thats a bit sophisticated...

sikosis
8th May 2005, 05:00 PM
pity widgets have some much JS base :( ... I stopped heavily using JS ages ago and so when I was a hacking about with widgets, I felt a little lost :unsure: until I was able to leverage some PHP scripting ;)

I'm working on two scripts atm ... a Foxtel Movie (minimum) widget and an XBench widget.

Here's a work in progress screenshot ... when I've finished up the prefs and tested them, I'll release them for public abuse ... err use :thumbup:

http://209.15.19.223/images/stories/widgets.png