PDA

View Full Version : Pb Powersupply Plug

forno
6th May 2005, 08:36 AM
I have an Austrailian iPod mini, but I am going to buy a PB OS and reckon the aussie plug from my iPod will slot straight onto the power supply I get with the PB, can anyone confirm or deny??? <_<

purana
6th May 2005, 08:49 AM
I am a little confused...

The cables my wife got with her mini were, ipod mini dock connector to firewire and dock connector to usb. The dock connector to firewire cable is also used to connect to the power pack that sits in a powerboard/point. So if you had a machine with firewire, then you could just use this cable to hook upto a firewire machine and use it for firewire transfers of songs + charging.

Mind you the dock connector to usb cable is also meant to do charging via a usb port (but not plug into the powerpack with ipod mini, only the firewire one does)..

the_OM
6th May 2005, 08:54 AM
He means the slidable connection point on the power pack/

And yes it does fit into a powerbook power supply. So you&#39;ll have no problems ;)

forno
6th May 2005, 08:54 AM
What I want to do is charge th iPod via firewire but use the removable aussie plug from the iPod charger on the powersupply for th PB which will not have an aussie plug fitting

forno
6th May 2005, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by the_OM@May 6 2005, 08:54 AM
He means the slidable connection point on the power pack/

And yes it does fit into a powerbook power supply. So you&#39;ll have no problems ;)
The OM has spoken

purana
6th May 2005, 09:31 AM
Yeah as OM said, that slide adaptor is the same across entire range of machines that use it.. I saw someone on ebay selling just the OZ plug.. So I am guessing they found a supply of them or got some made up. As to buy it from Apple, youd need to buy the world adaptor pack, which include another Oz one.