PDA

View Full Version : Time zones support

kevinnugent
4th November 2008, 10:36 AM
Hi guys,

We leave next week for a bit of a trip. We're going to be changing time-zones roughly 20 times over the next 5 weeks and I was wondering if there's a way that the iPhone will just pick up off the roaming service provider what the local time is, and change the time and calendar settings accordingly?

Does that make sense? Or will I need to keep changing things around the calendar?

chaosboi
4th November 2008, 10:52 AM
I just went to Tassie and back from Brisbane, and the phone automatically changed from non daylight to daylight saving time.

kevinnugent
4th November 2008, 11:47 AM
I suppose what I am getting at is a calendar issue. I want to pre-load all flights, accom, shuttles dates and times etc on the iPhone now. So, as an example:

08 Dec 2008 - 12.25pm Shuttle LAX -> Anaheim with SuperShuttle

Now, if I imput that here now and then turn up in LA will it show the local time and correct calendar entry, or will it be off by 17 hours?

My head hurts....

Squozen
4th November 2008, 11:51 AM
There is a Time Zone Support option in iCal's preferences (under the advanced tab) - maybe checking that will take care of it.

DJY
4th November 2008, 11:53 AM
You can set the iPhone to automatically adjust Time / Date - but that ability is network dependent...
for example when I travel in different time zones in AUST I have it set to Auto Adjust... and it works fine.

When I travel internationally... some countries (that Telstra have international roaming with) automatically do the same - some don't.

It will depend on which country you are in and who the carrier is.
Regardless though - if you have calendar entries that you enter with the correct local time - I find that unless you adjust the Time Zone... you can manually edit the time / date - without moving calendar entries out of wack.

I leave my iCal settings alone - as I do with my MBP time zone.