PDA

View Full Version : Apple TV Volume and Apple remote

WoWTopia
1st November 2008, 02:13 PM
the apple remote is not turning down the apple Tv volume down. If this is suppose to happens thats ok otherwise may have something to do with your old amplifier. we were having awful trouble last night trying to get things in the right spot.

Huy
1st November 2008, 02:15 PM
Pairing and Unpairing the Apple Remote with Apple TV (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1555)

I don't see any volume controls. Maybe you need to use your TV remote for that. :confused:

Maybe you need to pair it as well. If you haven't already.

bartron
1st November 2008, 02:20 PM
Apple TV documentation states that the + and - keys on your remote do not control the volume on your TV. You need to use your TV's remote separately.

drewbles
2nd November 2008, 11:09 AM
It's the one thing I miss from moving from the Mini to the ATV. Volume now requires the TV remote not the ATV remote.

scottang
28th February 2009, 02:42 PM
I have 3 apple tv's 1 of them I can control the volume on with my remote and iphone and the other two I can't. Yes they are all up to date. So go figure experts, because i can't find anyone that knows why.

MacTime
28th February 2009, 03:35 PM
You can control music volume from the Apple Remote if you enable that setting. However, you cannot control the volume of movies/TV Shows/videos.

jusrus
28th February 2009, 04:36 PM
You can control music volume from the Apple Remote if you enable that setting. However, you cannot control the volume of movies/TV Shows/videos.

Unless you've got Boxee or XBMC hacks installed of course :)

scottang
1st March 2009, 09:14 PM
Thanks for that, could you tell me where the setting is?. Thats what I originally thought but couldn't find any setting for it.

lenman74
1st March 2009, 09:37 PM

really, was looking for a good reason to hack the box. Will one of the hacks give me volume support through the apple remote for all media?

scottang
3rd March 2009, 07:59 PM

Interesting, none of the 3 apple tv's have been hacked, but one still has the volume control that works on both supplied remote and iphone??

How is this??:eek:

scottang
3rd March 2009, 08:03 PM

Are you sure about the hack, technical advise told me it should work but i'm out of my 90 days so they where gagged to say how apparently.
and i still have an unhacked apple tv that does work, 2 that don't.

pengu
3rd March 2009, 08:04 PM
as has been stated already, appletv supports volume control for MUSIC if you enable "Control Music Volume" in the "Audio & Video" settings.

lazydesi
3rd March 2009, 08:10 PM
as has been stated already, appletv supports volume control for MUSIC if you enable "Control Music Volume" in the "Audio & Video" settings.
yes, it supports