PDA

View Full Version : How to upgrade from Delicious Library 1 to 2!?

microportal
30th October 2008, 01:55 PM
Hi guys i need help to transfer my DL data from version 1.6 to 2...how do i do that!? I tried copying the files in app support but does not work DL 2 is still empty! Cannot find hints...i might be blind.Thanks.

cmrn
30th October 2008, 01:57 PM
So you have version 1 installed, and want to upgrade to 2? Does just replacing the .app not work?

reemixx
30th October 2008, 05:21 PM
Version 1 has an export feature, if I remember correctly. Pretty sure you need to export and import new data into 2.

microportal
30th October 2008, 09:47 PM
yup new app is empty, devoid of data. will try the export impot thing:)

FineWine
31st October 2008, 06:02 AM
Had a look in the DL support forum for you and came across this

Import into DL2 from old Library Media Data XML? (http://getsatisfaction.com/deliciousmonster/topics/import_into_dl2_from_old_library_media_data_xml)

Hope this helps.

I tried DL a few months back and was not very impressed after I got past the great looking GUI.

I now use Bookpedia and DVDpedia (http://www.bruji.com/) which both have a greater range of look-up sites: 19 for Bookpedia including AugusRobinson and 21 for DVDpedia including esyvideo and JB Hi-FI. Whilst DL only uses Amazon.

I have catalogued my DVD collection and had no problems so long as I did a manual search and not a barcode scan. All of these type of programs seem to have trouble with Aussie barcodes. I am now in the process of cataloguing my 1000 odd book collection and have had, so far, 95% success rate using the barcode scanner.

You can download trial versions for both of these programs. I paid A$36.00 back in May 08 for both.

microportal
2nd November 2008, 06:28 PM
Thanks for the reccomendations. I would stick to DL 2 for now as i really like the interface,plus paid for it and also the toys and gadgets options are great for my ever growing toys and gadgets collections. Furthermore i do prefer a single solution than 2 programs. Local search is a nice touch but i think not compelling enough for me since i can find most of my stuff. I finally solved the problem by reinstalling DL1 and loading the data into DL 1 before installing DL2 which then does an automatic update/transfer.Silly of me to transfer data from DL 1 to DL 2 previously from 2 different computers. Thanks guys...should i close the thread now? How do i do that?