PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest outright iPhone + unlock?

eLMafUDd
29th October 2008, 06:41 PM
Hello, I was just wondering what the cheapest price (which carrier) offers the cheapest combination of an outright 16gb iPhone and an unlock.

Some say that virgin phones come unlocked, and optus doesn't have clear pricing for outright handsets, so I thought I would ask here.

Thanks.

Huy
29th October 2008, 06:43 PM
Optus.

About $929 AFAIK.

Aladdin
29th October 2008, 08:54 PM
Please note that nowadays there aren't many places left that still sell them outright.

eLMafUDd
29th October 2008, 09:52 PM
Aww, why is that? I bought one on a contract at the start, and I thought that they would only have been pushing the contracts at the start when there was limited stock, not the other way around.

danno74
29th October 2008, 11:04 PM
What the hell does 'AFAIK' mean?

Optus.

About $929 AFAIK.

thebookfreak58
29th October 2008, 11:05 PM
What the hell does 'AFAIK' mean?

As Far As I Know

Evad
29th October 2008, 11:39 PM
Aww, why is that? I bought one on a contract at the start, and I thought that they would only have been pushing the contracts at the start when there was limited stock, not the other way around.

One of my family members owns and manages a chain of Optus mobile resellers. According to him, stores were only offered a single order of prepaid phones which had to be placed prior to the iphones going on sale. Now that this stock of phones has dried up, the only way of ordering more is on contract.

He is a store owner and doesn't know any reason why it was done this way. Speculate away... I have no idea.