PDA

View Full Version : pin locked iphone 3g

sid
28th October 2008, 09:43 PM
today i received iphone which i bought from ebay as it said it was locked to vodafone.
i tried to sync with itunes but what i got was a msg saying "check that the sim card is inserted in your iphone and that it is not pin locked". i have tested with optus and vodafone sim card since i have both. can anyone help me with this problem before i return the phone.

thanks in advance.

Huy
28th October 2008, 09:47 PM
It's not the phone, it's the SIM.

Remove the PIN from the SIM. Do this on another phone.

Or, unlock the SIM by entering the PIN (not the same as iPhone passcode).

sid
28th October 2008, 09:55 PM
the sim card does have pin.
i bought 2 iphone actually the other one is working fine with the same sim card.

any other suggestion?

cheers

Alucard
28th October 2008, 10:05 PM
so have u removed the pin from the sim card? You don't need it with the iphone's one passcode thingy....

Strange that it works on one and not the other.

Huy
28th October 2008, 10:06 PM
Since you say the iPhone is Vodafone locked, did you try the Vodafone SIM? What was the outcome?
Are you saying it was locked, or that it is locked to Vodafone? :confused:

Why don't you just remove the PIN so you can eliminate that as a possible cause.

sid
28th October 2008, 10:16 PM
i have tried with vodafone sim card, the outcome was it said "check that the sim card is inserted in your iphone and that it is not pin locked" i dont have pin on my sim card, since i just bought new sim card from vodafone.

Exocet
29th October 2008, 08:29 AM
Is that SIM activated? Otherwise you've got an empty hunk of plastic in there.

Does that SIM work in another phone (not necessarily an iPhone).

sid
29th October 2008, 09:24 AM
yes the sim card is activated. since i bought 2 iphone. the other one works and the other shown the msg. can someone help me!!!!

Alec Fraser
29th October 2008, 09:40 AM
Sid from your explanation it's really hard to understand what's actually going on. People are trying to help you, that's why they're asking questions.

To be completely honest, I think you need to go into the store where you bought the iPhones and ask them for help. People here can only do their best to help you, but they don't work for Apple or Vodafone and it's not their job to resolve your problems with the phone.

Exocet
29th October 2008, 09:42 AM
Seeing as the phone was bought on ebay, I'd recommend booking an appointment with a Genius and making the trip to Chadstone.

Huy
29th October 2008, 09:42 AM
He bought them from eBay so that is going to be problematic.

EDIT
Beaten by Exocet. :D

sid
29th October 2008, 09:47 AM
thanks for the help. i better contact the guy and get full refund.

Exocet
29th October 2008, 09:53 AM
Or, try taking it to Chadstone and getting the phone swapped or fixed by a Genius - the SIM card slot may be faulty.