PDA

View Full Version : Help!

BonBon
27th October 2008, 07:58 PM
I can't text message and every time i plug my iPhone into my MacBook, iTunes pops up, asks me to 'activate' my account but after clicking the "continue" button, begins to load but goes nowhere! Also how can I change ringtones to song ones? I've looked all over the net and theres all this talk of "Jailbreaking". I have the iFuntastic on this computer but every time i follow the instructions it never works!

Any help is appreciated as I already went to hell and back after buying an iPhone, then the guy from the apple store telling me its not going to work on my iBook after troubles, so then i BOUGHT a MacBook and now THIS! it needs instructions :mad: lol

Huy
27th October 2008, 08:01 PM
You bought a MacBook just so you can get the iPhone to work?

And what kind of iPhone? 1st gen? or 3G.

bennyling
27th October 2008, 08:06 PM
You bought a MacBook just so you can get the iPhone to work?

Yeah - I'd like to know the reasoning behind this.

Sure, it would've taken a little fiddling to get it to work (unless the iBook had USB 1.0, in which case you were screwed) but duuude!

richbowen
27th October 2008, 08:08 PM
Hi BonBon, welcome to MacTalk!

Activate: This should have been set up before you left the shop when you bought the phone. If you have a 3G iPhone then your best bet is probably to take it into the Apple store as they will probably either fix it or replace. You may even be able to obtain help over the phone from Apple or your telco. If you have a first gen phone then here is how to jailbreak (http://forums.mactalk.com.au/53/54037-babysteps-guide-upgrading-1st-gen-iphone-fw-2-1-pwnage.html).

Ringtones: you need to import the ringtone files into iTunes and then sync them to your phone. Ringtones have the extension .m4r - search MacTalk for info on how to create ringtone files or download them from the web. Once they're on your phone you click Settings > Sounds > Ringtone.

Finally a tip => change the title of your post to something a bit more descriptive like "iphone activation problem" and you'll find more people might help. "Help" doesn't really give any indication of your problem.