PDA

View Full Version : outlook equivalent for mac users?

led-zep
27th October 2008, 06:44 PM
guys i have no clue about how organisations organise their mail,calenders and address book/contacts, so after discussing with my gf (who has had many issues with outlook eg her folders sections have vanished?) i was thinking whats the equivalent for mac users? bento? entourage? i have no clue what mac users actually use as an equivalent app like outlook...

chrsha01
27th October 2008, 06:45 PM
Mail. Apple - Mac OS X Leopard - Features - Mail (http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/mail.html)

Then there's iCal and Address Book. ;)

You could use Entourage, but seriously, the interface isn't that fantastic.

matthew858
27th October 2008, 06:47 PM
If you do go and buy Microsoft Office for Mac, then use Entourage.

led-zep
27th October 2008, 07:22 PM
i dont really use entourage or anything like that myself, i was just wondering what the equivelents where. can mail/address book and ical handle and do everything outlook can? just seems to me there is a reason why majority of companies use/need outlook as opposed to anything else, that apple makes specifically

melted.marsbar
27th October 2008, 07:45 PM
just seems to me there is a reason why majority of companies use/need outlook as opposed to anything else

I'm quite willing to be corrected, but I believe that it is because of Outlook's tight integration with Microsoft's Exchange server software?

Joey1983
27th October 2008, 10:25 PM
I'm quite willing to be corrected, but I believe that it is because of Outlook's tight integration with Microsoft's Exchange server software?

Exactly right, all my mail, contacts and calendar run through our exchange server and mail, address book and iCal sadly don't cut it when your used to Outlook when making the switch to mac.
Entourage isn't so bad, and it's handy to have everything all on the one app.

justjack
27th October 2008, 11:06 PM
Exactly right, all my mail, contacts and calendar run through our exchange server and mail, address book and iCal sadly don't cut it when your used to Outlook when making the switch to mac.
Entourage isn't so bad, and it's handy to have everything all on the one app.

I too work with a corp running Exchange & PCs and find that Entourage works as fine as Outlook does. I have Entourage sync enabled so I can download my calendar and contacts to Address Book & iCal - I can then sync these to my iPhone so I have a portable version...

DazR6
30th July 2009, 06:15 AM
I can get Calendar in Entourage to sync with iCal but not the other way around! Does anyone no why this would be? I write a entry in iCal and nothing sync's but if I put it into Calendar it shows up in iCal. Very frustrating.