PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Apple!

silverdreamer
27th October 2008, 01:03 PM
Replacement 16GB iPhone arranged 3pm thursday, arrived 10 am today.
Gotta be happy with that.

Well done Apple.
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/4448/photouq8.jpg (http://img225.imageshack.us/my.php?image=photouq8.jpg):thumbup:

mitty
27th October 2008, 01:08 PM
What was wrong with the old one? Surely telstra wouldn't sell you a defective product... ;)

tdm911
27th October 2008, 01:14 PM
My iPhone was not displaying calls often. Someone would call me, yet the phones display would not show anything. I called Apple and had a replacement in 48 hours.

I paid about $40 for them to send it to me as opposed to me returning mine first. I then simply sent it off to them. Great system!

silverdreamer
27th October 2008, 01:37 PM
What was wrong with the old one? Surely telstra wouldn't sell you a defective product... ;)

Apparently Telstra's blistering 3G speeds blew the arse out of it.:p

No seriously, it had a scratch!:p

It started playing up a week ago.
Freezing on incoming calls, randomly coming up with the slide to power off screen, and taking screenshots on occasion when pressing the home button on it;s own.

Did all the restore thing's with Apple and they offered to replace it so I said yes, seemed like a good ide at the time.

Now I got two iphones sitting here, at least untill I send the old one back.

My iPhone was not displaying calls often. Someone would call me, yet the phones display would not show anything. I called Apple and had a replacement in 48 hours.

I paid about $40 for them to send it to me as opposed to me returning mine first. I then simply sent it off to them. Great system!

It cost me nothing, they simply froze the amount of $762 on my Visa card until the old one is returned.

tdm911
27th October 2008, 02:07 PM
It cost me nothing, they simply froze the amount of $762 on my Visa card until the old one is returned.

Funny you mention that. They had a freeze on the same amount on my card as well. I never checked to see if they debited the $37 or whatever it was. Must check that out.

macaholic
27th October 2008, 02:22 PM
Freezing on incoming calls, randomly coming up with the slide to power off screen, and taking screenshots on occasion when pressing the home button on it;s own.

Sounds like a semi-broken power switch at the top.

Anyway, good result.

Wear out your iPhone for 3 or so months, then get a brand new one.
Nice.

mitty
27th October 2008, 02:27 PM
Nice system. Will remember that.

silverdreamer
27th October 2008, 04:50 PM
Sounds like a semi-broken power switch at the top.

Anyway, good result.

Nice.

That was my assumption, although, physically there was no damage.

Huy
27th October 2008, 04:57 PM
That's excellent! :)

I wonder if they'll let you swap your 16GB Black for a 16GB White... same price! :D

ZacDavies
27th October 2008, 11:55 PM
Nice.

Yep.. I really wanna do this... then slap a case on the new one to avoid the chips mine currently has :(