PDA

View Full Version : Bad iPhone Battery

qf380
21st October 2008, 11:27 PM
Im considering exchanging my iPhone. I used to be able to get like 4.5 Days out of the battery MAX from full charge to it dying totally. Now the battery is complete CRAP.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a61/lachlanholland/Picture019.png

Dunno if that helps, but after two hours of ipod use, it shouldnt be that low!!! i dont have EDGE/3G data on, didnt use wifi, only listened to songs on the train. And this has only happened recently, it just died all of a sudden.

Should i take it back? Im undecided.....

ford.boy
21st October 2008, 11:30 PM
4.5 days :O wow.

I can't say i've ever had that from mine.

battye
22nd October 2008, 12:07 AM
What were you doing in the 2 hours? Were you constantly turning on/off the screen to change songs etc?

wmyeoh
22nd October 2008, 02:16 PM
That's what mine would look like after 2.5 hours of using the ipod. Did you still have the phone on, or was it in aeroplane mode?

themessup
22nd October 2008, 02:22 PM
Having 3G + Wi-Fi + Full Brightness on is a huge battery eater.

shihyuan
22nd October 2008, 02:29 PM
that looks pretty normal to me. i have to recharge my iPhone pretty much everyday.
sometimes it doesn't even last for the whole day.... :(

qf380
22nd October 2008, 06:01 PM
Having 3G + Wi-Fi + Full Brightness on is a huge battery eater.

3G switch is off, didnt use wifi in that time, brightness is low....

that looks pretty normal to me. i have to recharge my iPhone pretty much everyday.
sometimes it doesn't even last for the whole day....

I could go for at least 4 days because i dont use EDGE/3G data and just used data occasionally. And i switch it off at night too! Ive got another screenshot from this morn when i turned it on, il post it later

Its never been this bad:mad:

ford.boy
22nd October 2008, 06:06 PM
Ah turning it off at night isn't a full 4 days. a day in my books =24 hours.

I can at a stretch get about 48 out of mine it I leave it alone. But as far as 3G phones go, 1 days is pretty much the average.

qf380
23rd October 2008, 12:24 AM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a61/lachlanholland/Picture030.png

After 1 hour and 47 mins of usage, which was it just being on after i turned it off for the night..... Look at the battery

picollo
23rd October 2008, 07:58 AM
Doesnt matter if you are not using Wifi. Make sure its turned off. It's a massive battery eater.

qf380
23rd October 2008, 07:56 PM
Doesnt matter if you are not using Wifi. Make sure its turned off. It's a massive battery eater.

Switch is always off, it just seems weird its gone so bad suddenly

hatstand
25th October 2008, 11:03 AM
not surprised at all, mine won't last the night on standby, as the screen turns itself on and off every 13 secs. simply cannot find a fix for this. bugger. used to have to charge my n95 every day, so used to crap battery life.

boddiz
25th October 2008, 11:36 AM
do you have the backlight on super bright?

What about the location services, auto-fetch emails, and auto lock?

If its not allready, turn the location services toggle off, set emal fetch to manual, and auto lock to a minute.

melbmac
25th October 2008, 12:26 PM
I managed to almost double my battery by;

Turning off wifi
Turning off fetch
Turning down my screen brightness
Running it completely dead and giving it a proper charge

But otherwise, you battery life really does not sound all that bad.

yellow18
30th October 2008, 08:33 AM
2 iphones here, both run wifi all the time, NO 3G. Both have screen turned to low lux. One gets 4 days usage one gets 3/4 a day usage. No excessive call rates, neither used as ipods.
Batteries are a lucky dip. some are good and some are shithuse.