PDA

View Full Version : Backup full jailbroken iphone

semaja2
21st October 2008, 12:48 PM
Hi,

Is there a way to take a image of a iphone and restore it like a firmware update, or how do others backup their jailbroken phones? I want to try to restore the orginal firmware like optus told me to get the unlock but id prefer not having to wipe all my settings etc to find out it does nothing or something.

shihyuan
21st October 2008, 01:24 PM
When you connect your iPhone to iTunes, it should backup all your settings including images i think. If not the you could upload your images to iPhoto first and put the images back after you have restored your iPhone.

Everyone told me that I will need to do a restore to get the unlock for 3G iPhone but strangely that I didn't do a restore and somehow it still worked... I just put in a 3 sim into the locked iPhone and obviously it won't work. Then I connect the iPhone to iTunes and then it works. :D Well you will need to obtain an unlock from your provider first.

semaja2
21st October 2008, 01:42 PM
Ive obtained the unlock already, but yeh what you described doesnt backup the Cydia and other applications/settings does it?

shihyuan
21st October 2008, 01:46 PM
According to my past experiences, iTunes does not back up any Cydia applications or settings since it is never an official Apple application to start off with. I think there is a 3rd app which will allow you to backup the apps installed through Cydia if I am not mistaken. I just can't remember the name. Maybe someone else could help you with that.