PDA

View Full Version : Help:gprs + Telstra + Nokia + Bluetooth = Arrgghhh

waynie
3rd May 2005, 08:54 PM
Heeellpppp!!

Has anyone managed to set up a successful GPRS wireless internet connection through a Nokia cell phone?

Telstra arent providing any support to me as "OS X is not a supported operating system". I found this website... http://www.taniwha.org.uk/ ... which provides modem scripts which partially work, but not quite.

Essentially what I'm trying to do is to connect to the internet through GPRS from a Nokia 6230 connected to Telstra through my PowerBooks bluetooth connection. I can use bluetooth to successfully interact with the mobile for the transfer of files, or the use of the Nokia's internal modem (to dial up at 9900bps @ $1.00 per minute for the data call!). I can't however connect to the internet using GPRS (the phone is also EDGE compatible).

When I try using the modem scripts linked above, the laptop does create a bluetooth connection with the phone, and the phone shows "Creating GPRS Connection" on screen. The phone then errors out with "Subscribe to GPRS first", which Telstra tell me is not an account issue, but rather the laptop not connecting correctly.

Has anyone attempted this and succeeded? Whats the secret to your success??

mab
15th November 2007, 02:05 AM
Yes does anyone have a how to (im sing a SE 750ii )

but I still can't work it out :)

Exocet
15th November 2007, 10:17 AM
When you set up the GPRS connection using the scripts, try typing "telstra.internet" (without the quotes) as the phone number. Also make sure that you can connect to the internet using the phone, can you do that?